Nektar Panorama P1 and Bitwig

Official support for: bitwig.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi guys, is any of you using this controller with Bitwig? There is one secondhand for sale in my area, so i'm slightly thinking about it. My main concern is of course, how well integrated is the script from Nectar, and how much do they keep updating it?

afaik the Nektar and the Bitwig guys are sharing resources quite often. For example when it comes to tradeshows or workshops, they did this often together in the past. There are several videos on YT, wich show the integration quite good, and just recently they updated their controller scripts.

So i wouldn't worry too much and from what i've seen a nektar controller would be a very good choice. They also do look quite nice imo.

hope it helps a little..cheers

I just heard a few time ago "somewhere" that it's not integrateded very well with newer versions, somebody complained about it in a forums post. But that may changed? It could be risky if you can't send the device back to seller.

If you can get one used it's a great deal. I got mine used and I am happy with the purchase. I already have multiple keyboards so I just wanted some extra functionality. The workflow is pretty good, although I don't use the sequencer an mainly just use the controller to make patches. I don't like using the mouse and the panorama is good for that.

The controller gets finger prints on it easily if aesthetics matter to you.
The knobs and faders are plastic and feel as such. I don't mind it, but others might.
nortle wrote:I just heard a few time ago "somewhere" that it's not integrateded very well with newer versions, somebody complained about it in a forums post. But that may changed? It could be risky if you can't send the device back to seller.
The newest firmware doesn't allow you do do modulations with the controller (jan 2016). I emailed nektar and didn't get a response. It's fine because if I need to do mods I just load up the older script. I'm sure it will only get better in the future.

proverbs wrote:The newest firmware doesn't allow you do do modulations with the controller (jan 2016). I emailed nektar and didn't get a response. It's fine because if I need to do mods I just load up the older script. I'm sure it will only get better in the future.
Hold SHIFT and Press instrument with the new script and you return to the 'old' method of device integration where modulation assignments from the device are still possible.

proverbs wrote: The knobs and faders are plastic and feel as such. I don't mind it, but others might.
you kinda get what you pay for. Well who wouldnt mind other fabrics then plastic for more premium feeling but i doubth anyone would expect anything else at that price :)

Hi guys,

i just got the P1 but wasn't able to get it out if the internal mode using Ubuntu and Fedora.

I did the firmware upgrade on a windows pc.

Can anyone of you help me or point me in the right direction. I already mailed the nektar support.

Cheers

The Nektar support did send me an install guide, it does work well.

good evening,

is it possible to to have effect tracks displayed as well on the Display of the P1 ?

Cheers :D

Been using a P1 with cubase, nightmare, crashes all the damn time. If it works as well as you'll say with bitwig than maybe, maybe, i'll get it again when Bitwig becomes what it has potential to become and i start using it again. For now i think i'll get a refund. Make sure you demo if you plan to also run cubase with one Nektar units, they know it has major bugs in the cubase dept but say they're too busy with new software to fix the existing :x

Bobby L'Avenir wrote:Been using a P1 with cubase, nightmare, crashes all the damn time. If it works as well as you'll say with bitwig than maybe, maybe, i'll get it again when Bitwig becomes what it has potential to become and i start using it again. For now i think i'll get a refund. Make sure you demo if you plan to also run cubase with one Nektar units, they know it has major bugs in the cubase dept but say they're too busy with new software to fix the existing :x
Well that explains the problems i've had using my nektar p4 and cubase. Its so bloody annoying, i love the p4, its great having such an integrated keyboard and controller in one. I bought cubase, so i could still use my P4 integrated with a daw after finding bitwig didn't quite fit my workflow yet and now i find cubase wont work well with my P4.

Life sucks sometimes, first world problems, lol.
Win 10 with Ryzen 5950x, Bitwig 5, too many plugins, Novation Circuit Mono Station and now a lovely Waldorf Blofeld.

Have you asked the Nektar support for help, their support is good as far as i can tell.

Greetings

Kypresso wrote:
Bobby L'Avenir wrote:Been using a P1 with cubase, nightmare, crashes all the damn time. If it works as well as you'll say with bitwig than maybe, maybe, i'll get it again when Bitwig becomes what it has potential to become and i start using it again. For now i think i'll get a refund. Make sure you demo if you plan to also run cubase with one Nektar units, they know it has major bugs in the cubase dept but say they're too busy with new software to fix the existing :x
Well that explains the problems i've had using my nektar p4 and cubase. Its so bloody annoying, i love the p4, its great having such an integrated keyboard and controller in one. I bought cubase, so i could still use my P4 integrated with a daw after finding bitwig didn't quite fit my workflow yet and now i find cubase wont work well with my P4.

Yeah it can be finicky with Cubase I've found. If you're not attached to Cubase though, I've found it's extremely stable with Reaper. They've got a similar workflow.

dplduffy wrote:
Kypresso wrote:

Yeah it can be finicky with Cubase I've found. If you're not attached to Cubase though, I've found it's extremely stable with Reaper. They've got a similar workflow.
Were you guys getting crashes when you press the edit button to access a plugin? Also crashes when loading a plugin or switching tracks? Were you pressing edit to access a plugin and getting the defualt map instead of the one you created which usually meant a crash was about to follow? I thought it might be my system but I've done a fresh install and all these crashes go when i disconnect the Panorama. Also Nektar recreated the probelms there end so def some buggy software here :dog:

Like someone said though it's a real shame, it does have by far the best integration and it works with bitwig too once it gets some proper updates and bug fixe of its own. I just don't know why they don't fix the issues and remove the bloody plastic mixer control, plastic non sensitive faders permanently fixed to the mixer, wtf, just make it all control plugins only Nektar :dog:

Gonna get a credit and put it towards the new korg synth, prefer a proper fix though :(

Return to “Bitwig”