Official Arturia VCollection5 thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

fmr wrote:
ENV1 wrote: Now if they'd put that same amount of detail-work into the sound side of things...
Bashing for the sake of bashing :roll: Because Arturia pays no attention to sound at all. Their synths can't even replicate the sounds of the emulated hardware :borg:
Just ignore the "Arturia's soft-synths sound terrible and not even remotely like the real thing" trolls .. because that's all they are is trolls. And snobby ones to boot.
Professional musicians the world 'round use and like Arturia soft-synths, and think they sound great. Professional reviews of Arturia's soft synths are quite positive in all cases.
I mean, c'mon now: Jean Michel Jarre uses Arturia soft synths. Are these trolls REALLY more qualified to judge them, or have better ears than, Senior Jarre? I hardly think so. :party:

@ENV1 ... I don't know. Why would people think you're bashing Arturia instruments. Perhaps it has something to do with that quote?
I dunno tho. Maybe we're insane to interpret it that way.
... (wait, didn't I just say to ignore the anti-Arturia trolls? ;) )
maybe if you didn't post statements like that, people wouldn't think you're bashing them. :wink:

fmr wrote:
artao wrote: The more I read about these updates, now that people are using them, the less inclined I feel to update my V4 set to V5 (and the ONLY new instrument i'm interested in is the Synclavier. not worth the full 200 buck upgrade price)
Actually, the Synclavier alone is worthing the price of the upgrade :shrug:
+1, and the new GUIs and preset system more than make up for the missing features like sound map, etc. IMO. This stuff was long over due, and it makes the instruments so much more approachable and understandable.

artao wrote: @ENV1 ... I don't know. Why would people think you're bashing Arturia instruments. Perhaps it has something to do with that quote?
No, i think it has more to do with the fact that people read what they want to read and then treat it as though it were actually true. The fact that they dont bother to at least ask for clarification when in doubt is another factor; after all it would only spoil the chance at a good personal attack if it turned out that they have simply misinterpreted somebodies intentions. (And then they have the nerve to call THAT person a troll.)

Look, when i make a comment and people dont understand how its meant then thats their problem. Not mine. I cant put a disclaimer under every post explaining in detail how every sentence i wrote is to be taken; like everyone else i simply write my lines and assume that people know where im coming from since im not only here since yesterday. And in this case it should be pretty obvious that this was simply sarcasm since ive always said that the idea that Arturia is 90% GFX and 10% sound is preposterous. It just happens to be true now from a filesize point of view. (Get it?)

But like i said, why bother looking for clarification when it would only spoil a good personal attack. Just read something, interpret it any way you want, then run with it as though it were fact. Also never EVER make an effort to distinguish between justified criticism and unjustified criticism; just take the fact that something is being criticised at all and label the person a 'hater', totally disregarding the fact that the criticism of one part of something has absolutely nothing to do with the other parts of something. Never mind that sound quality is one thing, that bugs are another, that bugs that have a beard longer than a tibetan monk are yet another, and that UI format is yet yet another. Just take the fact that there has been ANY criticism on ANY aspect and then treat the person doing the criticising like somebody who has never said anything but negative things about EVERY aspect of something, even if in reality the exact opposite is the case and even if the criticism was justified.

Thats the precise modus operandi of many people these days, not only here but especially here.

So no, i dont think my 'quote' is the problem here.

The problem is that the social and communicational skills of some members here suck like a hoover.

crystalmsc wrote: Finally got the Pianoteq, thank you guys :) To me it's clearly a better Grand Piano simulation, which is more musical, dynamic and enjoyable to play. The free stuff are also surprisingly great, specially the CP-80 and Cimbalom. But on the other side, the Piano V is a nice compliment for other type of piano with a nice interface. Aside from authenticity, I like certain musicality of the Piano V Model D. Glad to have them both, since I'm currently looking for a small sized piano. Would love to hear the comparisons with the UVI Grand Piano Model D, that's the only sample based piano that I'm interested. Not into a gigantic sized piano for now.
I think you'll love the UVI Model D.. very "playable" :) (good value for money too, IMHO ;) ).
I did get a life,once...but it was faulty, so I sent it back.

ENV1 wrote:
artao wrote: @ENV1 ... I don't know. Why would people think you're bashing Arturia instruments. Perhaps it has something to do with that quote?
No, i think it has more to do with the fact that people read what they want to read and then treat it as though it were actually true. The fact that they dont bother to at least ask for clarification when in doubt is another factor; after all it would only spoil the chance at a good personal attack if it turned out that they have simply misinterpreted somebodies intentions. (And then they have the nerve to call THAT person a troll.)

Look, when i make a comment and people dont understand how its meant then thats their problem. Not mine. I cant put a disclaimer under every post explaining in detail how every sentence i wrote is to be taken; like everyone else i simply write my lines and assume that people know where im coming from since im not only here since yesterday. And in this case it should be pretty obvious that this was simply sarcasm since ive always said that the idea that Arturia is 90% GFX and 10% sound is preposterous. It just happens to be true now from a filesize point of view. (Get it?)

But like i said, why bother looking for clarification when it would only spoil a good personal attack. Just read something, interpret it any way you want, then run with it as though it were fact. Also never EVER make an effort to distinguish between justified criticism and unjustified criticism; just take the fact that something is being criticised at all and label the person a 'hater', totally disregarding the fact that the criticism of one part of something has absolutely nothing to do with the other parts of something. Never mind that sound quality is one thing, that bugs are another, that bugs that have a beard longer than a tibetan monk are yet another, and that UI format is yet yet another. Just take the fact that there has been ANY criticism on ANY aspect and then treat the person doing the criticising like somebody who has never said anything but negative things about EVERY aspect of something, even if in reality the exact opposite is the case and even if the criticism was justified.

Thats the precise modus operandi of many people these days, not only here but especially here.

The problem is that the social and communicational skills of some members here suck like a hoover.
Thank you. And people wonder why I get to pissed off at this place some days, which is mostly why, lately anyway, I tend to just keep my mouth shut if I even suspect it will get me into hot water.

ENV1 wrote:
Look, when i make a comment and people dont understand how its meant then thats their problem. Not mine.
Actually, no. When the majority of people read your post in a certain way (as bashing Arturia, in this case) that is YOUR problem, not ours. That means YOUR communication skills are faulty, not our interpretation of it.
I for one had never seen any of your posts before about this, so it's only reasonable to take what you said at face value. ... Sarcasm doesn't come across well in text-only, unless one makes it REAALLLY obvious.
Make all the excuses for people misunderstanding you that you want, but I'm calling PEBCAK on this one.
I'm not interested in derailing this thread any further arguing with you about this, but I urge you to reconsider your communication skills and methods rather than blame everyone else for misinterpreting you.
Have a nice day.
Last edited by artao on Wed May 25, 2016 1:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.

artao wrote:
fmr wrote:
ENV1 wrote: Now if they'd put that same amount of detail-work into the sound side of things...
Bashing for the sake of bashing :roll: Because Arturia pays no attention to sound at all. Their synths can't even replicate the sounds of the emulated hardware :borg:
Just ignore the "Arturia's soft-synths sound terrible and not even remotely like the real thing" trolls .. because that's all they are is trolls. And snobby ones to boot.
Professional musicians the world 'round use and like Arturia soft-synths, and think they sound great. Professional reviews of Arturia's soft synths are quite positive in all cases.
I mean, c'mon now: Jean Michel Jarre uses Arturia soft synths. Are these trolls REALLY more qualified to judge them, or have better ears than, Senior Jarre? I hardly think so. :party:

@ENV1 ... I don't know. Why would people think you're bashing Arturia instruments. Perhaps it has something to do with that quote?
I dunno tho. Maybe we're insane to interpret it that way.
... (wait, didn't I just say to ignore the anti-Arturia trolls? ;) )
maybe if you didn't post statements like that, people wouldn't think you're bashing them. :wink:
I'm pretty confident that some complaining and moaning is in order and perfectly justified. There are just some companies that despite the premises always manage to screw up. 4 gigs for interface element bitmaps? Like really? You'd think that Arturia is a big company with resources to get some decent product managers, GUI designers and programmers but instead they release stuff that feels like some programming intern hacked it together during their lunch time. Some of the choices are just unreal. In some cases these new versions are a step back. The guis even though bigger still look kind of hazy and somewhat blurred. Also I can't understand how is the new preset browser an improvement? On Prophet V it's definitely a step back as you cant choose presets only for Prophet 5 or VS, for example. And it does not look good at all.

The same of course goes for several other big companies like Cakewalk which constantly releases broken buggy as hell sh1t or Steinberg (you can't start Cubase with Windows Classic theme, wth?).
No signature here!

artao wrote:...
I mean, c'mon now: Jean Michel Jarre uses Arturia soft synths.
He also wears swatches ;)

Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

artao wrote:
ENV1 wrote:
Look, when i make a comment and people dont understand how its meant then thats their problem. Not mine.
Actually, no. When the majority of people read your post in a certain way (as bashing Arturia, in this case, that is YOUR problem, not ours. That means YOUR communication skills are faulty, not our interpretation of it.
But I agree in parts with those that say that if it wants to sell as a Moog modulation, it should sound very close like one too.

If not, why put it in Moog clothing?

artao wrote:Actually, no.
Actually yes.

Now sod off and quit getting on my nerves.

Numanoid wrote:
artao wrote:
ENV1 wrote:
Actually, no. When the majority of people read your post in a certain way (as bashing Arturia, in this case, that is YOUR problem, not ours. That means YOUR communication skills are faulty, not our interpretation of it.
But I agree in parts with those that say that if it wants to sell as a Moog modulation, it should sound very close like one too.

If not, why put it in Moog clothing?
Did Bob Moog himself not endorse the Mini V and Modular V.
but HEY!! I'm sure random internet users know better than the designer of the synth himself. ;)
Are they perfect? No. No-one, including myself, is claiming that. They're damn good tho.

I'm just sick of people who keep saying Arturia's synths sound like shit and don't even resemble the instruments they're emulating. It's a load of BS. Those people are few, but loud, and seem to post everywhere in this forum about how much Arturia's synths suck.

@Aloysius .. boy, you sure nailed me with that one. i guess that totally invalidates Jean Michel Jarre's opinions, and it must invalidate his music too.
my mistake
.... besides. Swatches are cool, and have been since the 80s :P
Last edited by artao on Wed May 25, 2016 1:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ENV1 wrote:
artao wrote:Actually, no.
Actually yes.

Now sod off and quit getting on my nerves.
Well if that's your attitude, then I think I'll KEEP "getting on your nerves" because you have the attitude of a petulant, spoiled 5 yr old, and the communications skills of a lab rat.
Suck it, troll. :clap:

I think this is an opportune moment to unsubscribe from this thread. For the record, I'm very happy with my Synclavier.

/Joachim
If it were easy, anybody could do it!

Has anyone put the Arturia B3 to the test?

I would appreciate reading someone's experiences / thoughts about the Arturia B3 ...
how does is compare to the sample based Kontakt libraries for example...
is it in the same league as the Sonic-core B2003?
How about the discontinued B4 by NI?
How does is stack up against any of the tonewheel organs mentioned in this thread? http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... sc&start=0

wagtunes wrote:Thank you. And people wonder why I get to pissed off at this place some days, which is mostly why, lately anyway, I tend to just keep my mouth shut if I even suspect it will get me into hot water.
Just dont allow them to drag you down. If you know that you havent done anything wrong and/or that someone is spouting BS about you or something youve said, clarify it, if they get nasty tell them to sod off and stop talking to them because theyre not worth your time. Its not the gentlemen way, but some people just dont understand any other language. (Sad as it is.)

Return to “Instruments”