Dune 2 vs Spire

Dune 2
57%
Spire
43%

Total votes: 134

RELATED
PRODUCTS

recursive one wrote:I'm not sure you can download it now from reveal sound, but didn't you back up your old downloads? I'm sure I must have some backups, I could send you an old dll if you don't have one.
Here they are on official download page http://www.reveal-sound.com/downloads.html

http://www.reveal-sound.com/downloads/d ... 20-Win.zip
http://www.reveal-sound.com/downloads/d ... 20-Mac.zip
This entire forum is wading through predictions, opinions, barely formed thoughts, drama, and whining. If you don't enjoy that, why are you here? :D ShawnG

Yeah, iirc 1.0.20 was the latest before the optimization :tu:
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

I got them both downloaded and thanks for that. The pre optimization has already dropped reaper though once. I think it can't use the presets I made on the newer version. But now I will have to figure out how to somehow record versions of both doing the same things and upload them to somewhere that isn't a compressed mp3 fed through maximizing algorithms and compressed to flash. I'll work on it a little and see what I can come up with. The newer one is brighter, buzzier, not as soft, more ringing, the resonance is different, the audio rate modulation sound pretty bad on the new one.

If you have both can't you just do it for yourself?

...and, you know the whole reason I bought spire was because it had brass balls. It would get really horny in the filter and I LOVED that. That brassiness is very difficult to find in software.

Dasheesh wrote:I got them both downloaded and thanks for that. The pre optimization has already dropped reaper though once. I think it can't use the presets I made on the newer version. But now I will have to figure out how to somehow record versions of both doing the same things and upload them to somewhere that isn't a compressed mp3 fed through maximizing algorithms and compressed to flash. I'll work on it a little and see what I can come up with. The newer one is brighter, buzzier, not as soft, more ringing, the resonance is different, the audio rate modulation sound pretty bad on the new one.

If you have both can't you just do it for yourself?
I can but you already know where to look. This
Dasheesh wrote: brighter, buzzier, not as soft, more ringing, the resonance is different
sounds very vague given that the synth has more than three knobs, there are various filters, warm knob, soft knob etc.

Yoy may send me a patch which you think sounds different, I'll make comparison wavs and upload them at sendspace.

The new Spire reads patches made in the old one, not sure if it works the other way round.

Well, I'm laughing my ass off over here because I didn't realize that it was at version 1.1.6 first off. Found that out when I went looking for the old one. Not sure when that happened but the new one has fixed my complaints. Evertime I bitch about these guys they come back and fix things, but I swear cpu optimization scares the chit out of me. When you have something that sounds right... DON"T F WITH IT.

Just assign oscillator two to the filter cut off and push the fader up. There is a difference in the way it responds but it's so minor now it's not worth bitching about anymore. It would sound a lot better with higher audio rates though. Dune sounds EXCELLENT when you do this. I was going to send you a preset but I wasn't sure if the attachment would send? Doesn't matter. I need to go work in the yard and I'm tired of bitching. And, I'm quite sure I'll hear this in every russian orgy trance club with in a week now.

Dasheesh wrote: And, I'm quite sure I'll hear this in every russian orgy trance club with in a week now.
What's the deal with these russian orgy trance clubs you keep on talking about? Here in Russia we don't know much about this, I feel like I'm missing a lot, am I?

It's what I think of when I hear edm. Look it up if you have a safe computer. #postedfromphoneinyard.

This thread increased my GAS about Spire. I'm going to download the demo and see if I keep my Dune 2 or trade it for Spire :clown:

EnGee wrote:This thread increased my GAS about Spire. I'm going to download the demo and see if I keep my Dune 2 or trade it for Spire :clown:
As has been said, it's safe to use them both side by side, because they're quite different from each other. :)

chk071 wrote:
EnGee wrote:This thread increased my GAS about Spire. I'm going to download the demo and see if I keep my Dune 2 or trade it for Spire :clown:
As has been said, it's safe to use them both side by side, because they're quite different from each other. :)
If I can afford it ;)

Yep, of course. :)

Yeah, I rarely, ever, hardly, never post anything on the internet anymore, but after lunch I hit the record button and played a little RAW spire. With no effects or processing. It's just what I feel like lately. I figured you guys at least deserve that after listening to my bitching.

*(You missed your chance)
Last edited by Dasheesh on Thu May 26, 2016 2:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I've just played this in my litte orgy club, they asked for more ;)

Return to “Instruments”