Auria Pro -- out now!

For iOS (iPhone, iPad & iPod), Android, Windows Phone, etc. App and Hardware talk
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Auria

https://youtu.be/Hc8D96E_k5E

http://www.auriaapp.com/Products/auria

Now with comprehensive MIDI support, sample player, FabFilter Twin 2 and One. Anyone?
Peace, my friends. I'm not seeking arguments here. ;)

Anyone know what the upgrade price is?

39.99 USD for existing users
Comes with 2 Synthesizers from FabFilter, Lyra Sampler with SFZ, SF2 and EXS Format Support and much more

My first look on FabFilter One Synthesizer inside Auria Pro

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1b5GGIcrmc0
Synth Anatomy
http://www.synthanatomy.com
Sound Design and Software / IOS Synthesizer Videochannel

MillerSam wrote:39.99 USD for existing users
Comes with 2 Synthesizers from FabFilter, Lyra Sampler with SFZ, SF2 and EXS Format Support and much more

My first look on FabFilter One Synthesizer inside Auria Pro

Great demo. Thanks.

I've not used Auria for a long while so this is a major upgrade for me. It looks really good though.

MillerSam wrote:39.99 USD
What...
Cats are intended to teach us that not everything in nature has a function | http://soundcloud.com/bmoorebeats

yep 39.99 for existing users. 49.99 for new.

Have to say that once the last few bugs are crushed it will be worth the upgrade price.

Lot of nice new stuff in there not least midi editing.
Instant human just add coffee

How is the performance, and workflow, for just quickly punch in or record a few midi bars?
Cats are intended to teach us that not everything in nature has a function | http://soundcloud.com/bmoorebeats

Have spend some time with this upgrade and I think it finally is time to switch from Cubasis. I don't like transporting my projects from app to app, so I have longed for an iPad daw with onboard synths, along with decent mixing and mastering tools like those in Auria.

You can come a long way just using Fabfilter Twin and the Lyra sampler with your own samples. Fabfilter Twin is a three osc synth with crazy modulation options and covers all basic analog-styles.

If you want to make a sample kit, you will have to pack it in sf2, sfz.10. or EXS format. Otherwise you can just load one sample pr. unit. (Hope that will change, so you can make kits directly).

And it seems like the CPU usage is quite low. Two Fabfilter Twins and one sampler + 1 compressor, 1 limiter and 1 insert effect pr. channel + 3 mastering effects, including a IR reverb, are below 13% on my Air 2.

Workflow in midi mode is not as intuitive as I had hoped for; you have to get you head around it first. Overall there is room for improvements but it works.

You can call up IAA synths and effects, for a CPU price of course. Still no state saving for IAA, so it is really not worth it imo. Good for immediate recording to audio tracks, but that’s all.

The inserts and mastering effects are really good and raise this DAW to desktop level sonically (Don’t miss the DCAM envelope shaper, it’s worth every cent). Maybe the era of the Groovebox-DAW is coming to an end on the iPad and is replaced by something closer to full featured DAWS? If IAA units at least had state savings, we would be very close, but for now, Auria Pro can be used as a very decent self-contained studio with desktop appeal.

poonna wrote:Now with comprehensive MIDI support, sample player, FabFilter Twin 2 and One. Anyone?
It includes full version of Twin 2 and One :o

And it can host third party plugs? And it cost only £40 :o :o

Why isn't it talked about more? :?

Numanoid wrote:
poonna wrote:Now with comprehensive MIDI support, sample player, FabFilter Twin 2 and One. Anyone?
It includes full version of Twin 2 and One :o

And it can host third party plugs? And it cost only £40 :o :o

Why isn't it talked about more? :?
Because this is KVR :D
Look at the Audiobus forum for everything iOS music related.
Some iOS tools are really scaring cheap compared to the desktop stuff and a on par with them at the same time.
You can get most of the Fabfilter tools for a 1/10th of the desktop prices (and some other synths etc.)
But not sure if it's a good thing....i would never pay now so much for the same plug-ins.

Numanoid wrote:Why isn't it talked about more? :?
'cause kids don't know they're born. I don't even have to go back to long, distant memories of how cumbersome and expensive recording music could be to realise how f**king incredible all of this is. It was amazing enough when our entire studio could exist in a laptop, but what is possible in a 9.7" tablet is just insane

That, and the general anti-apple/ipad sentiment I feel at kvr

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:
Numanoid wrote:Why isn't it talked about more? :?
'cause kids don't know they're born. I don't even have to go back to long, distant memories of how cumbersome and expensive recording music could be to realise how f**king incredible all of this is. It was amazing enough when our entire studio could exist in a laptop, but what is possible in a 9.7" tablet is just insane

That, and the general anti-apple/ipad sentiment I feel at kvr
I agree. But any iOS DAW (Auria Pro included) is still far away from huge DAW's like Logic Pro etc. when it comes to features, included FX...and some other things.
But most people don't need all that maybe.
I was amazed when i was able to create an album on a tiny iPhone 4 but now i'm not impressed anymore.
A smartphone, tablet, notebook, desktop are all just computers!
IOS is no toy...it's just serious computer generated music in a modern form.
But i also experienced that iOS and iOS musicians seperates themselfes sonetimes a bit (i did this too).
Alone the word..."IOS music" is a bit strange for me.
After a few years with iOS and then with a notebook mainly i see pro and contra on both sides.
Of course it's the ultimate thing to combine both things and call it just....music :D

Auria Pro looks great to me, I'm just waiting to see if they will support AU instruments and effects before pulling the trigger

I'm waiting for NanoStudio 2 and BeatMaker 3 mainly!
Maybe those apps could let me buy an iPad Pro finally and do more with iOS again. If that wouldn't be so damn expensive.
But BeatMaker 3 will come for OSX as well....i mean if these apps ever come before i go :o
A desktop or even notebook setup is much more powerful but it's great to have an all in one device like an iPad (or iPhone) which can be your workstation, midi controller, sound design tool....whatever at once.
Once iPads will get 3D touch i def. have to get one.
Desktop plug-ins are far ahead when it comes to FX like reverb or sample instruments like a solo cello etc.
But in a few years i'm sure this could change.
I mean developers already could do if they wanted.... but the market is still a niche.

Return to “Mobile Apps and Hardware”