Installers and PDF content?

Configure and optimize you computer for Audio.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

As far as I know it PDF files compress rather poorly.

So when installing for example Bitwig, I expect that the 45MB of PDF manual files it installs was not compressed in the installer.

And as the Win installer is 145 MB, means 1/3 of it is just PDF files ?

Could you rephrase the question Numanoid, not sure I know the answer... But I'm not sure that you can do math on installer content that way. And if so, what are you getting at? -just curious, not trying to be a jerk.

I like installers as small as possible, and IMO it is not necessary to include PDF files of such size in an installer, as manuals can be downloaded from website

So what I am trying to say is that if PDF files take up 1/3 of the size of an installer, that is far too much for my liking.

Bitwig is not the only dev doing that, when I install Kontakt updates, I need to rinse the HDD of about 60MB of PDF manuals as well :D

Numanoid wrote:I like installers as small as possible, and IMO it is not necessary to include PDF files of such size in an installer, as manuals can be downloaded from website

So what I am trying to say is that if PDF files take up 1/3 of the size of an installer, that is far too much for my liking.

Bitwig is not the only dev doing that, when I install Kontakt updates, I need to rinse the HDD of about 60MB of PDF manuals as well :D
Another cleft stick for developers - some of us want the manuals installed with the software... :wink:

Ayorinde wrote:Another cleft stick for developers - some of us want the manuals installed with the software... :wink:
Yeah, having one in English can be nifty, but also one in Japanese and one in German, like Bitwig, is too much for me

you have too much spare time Numanoid.

Return to “Computer Setup and System Configuration”