UVI license transfers?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I am considering a deal buying Falcon from its current owner. I saw nothing on the UVI website regarding transfer policy. I wrote to them and their response seemed very clear:

" I inform you that the resale of our products is not allowed. You will find more information from the End-User License Agreement section in the Falcon User Manual."

On the other hand I understand there is some European law outlawing this restriction. I've heard from one KVR member who was successful with a second-hand purchase. I'd be interested in any other experiences, and especially if you have had trouble with UVI trying to register.

That´s what UVI support recently told me:

"Simply use the 'Transfer License' feature from your iLok account. Note that your buyer's account will be asked during this process.

Then, we will be informed by Pace to approve the transfer. Note that you will be charged by Pace to validate it ($25 per license, $50 max fee).

After that, please ask your buyer to contact us, we will move the product(s) to his UVI account.".

That was, however, regarding sample libraries, their policy regarding their other products might be different.

Bought a number of UVI products through KVR, last one a couple of weeks ago. No issues whatsoever. As epiphaneia mentioned, transfer is done through the iLok "transfer license" feature.
Follow me on Youtube for videos on spatial and immersive audio production.

Thanks for this info. How odd their own support people would say the opposite....

see what happens when you need support, or some upgrade is made available to licensees of the software you bought.

that's when you'll know what they mean by "I inform you that the resale of our products is not allowed. You will find more information from the End-User License Agreement section in the Falcon User Manual."

seems they're having their cake and eating it too...not prohibiting the ilok license transfer process, to stay on the right side of the law, but (attempting to) reserve some right not to have to give any support to the person who buys the 2nd hand license, or otherwise recognise them as their licensee.

I sold Falcon some time ago. This is the info UVI supplied me with:

Simply use the Transfer License feature from your iLok account. Note that your buyer's account will be asked during this process. Then, we will be informed by Pace to approve the transfer. Note that you will be charged by Pace to validate it ($25 per license, $50 max fee). After that, please ask your buyer to contact us, we will move the product(s) to his UVI account.

That's a really confusing response from them !

I've bought and sold several UVI libraries here in the recent past with no issues. Regarding the iLok transfer - this is only semi-automatic - when you request the license transfer through iLok, this has to be 'approved' by UVI before the transfer happens .... so I've no idea where the 'resale of our products is not allowed' came from.

Is this a 'new' policy that nobody knows about ... or their 'old' policy that some newbie support person pulled off their internal system without checking ???

I wonder how long the process takes? I bought a license from another person, paid for it earlier today, got a notice from the seller that he arranged for the license transfer around 1:00pm, but here at the end of the day, nothing has shown up in my iLok account, nothing has shown up in my UVI account, and there's been no notice from either iLok.com or UVI regarding the transfer.

Hmmm.

Anyone know how long it normally takes?

I’m doing it right now so will keep the forum posted! Made the transfer request on a Saturday at 12.02! They are pretty quick if I remember!

jc_vt wrote: Thu May 26, 2016 3:11 pm I am considering a deal buying Falcon from its current owner. I saw nothing on the UVI website regarding transfer policy. I wrote to them and their response seemed very clear:

" I inform you that the resale of our products is not allowed. You will find more information from the End-User License Agreement section in the Falcon User Manual."

On the other hand I understand there is some European law outlawing this restriction. I've heard from one KVR member who was successful with a second-hand purchase. I'd be interested in any other experiences, and especially if you have had trouble with UVI trying to register.
https://support.uvi.net/hc/en-us/articl ... ther-User-

I know this is an old thread, but bumping for any insight. I initiated a UVI license transfer for Emulation II+ with a reseller from knob cloud and it has been now over 48 hours and there has been no update. I understand it is done via ilok transfer request and then is manually approved by UVI.

Was curious if anyone else has experienced long wait times for them to do this? With other transfers Ive done, like Eventide or Ujam, they were within an hr of initiating. This UVI delay almost feels like its intentional to discourage license transfers because it's a very simple approval. Anyone else experience a slow transfer with UVI? no one really updated this thread haha so Im guessing not

I bought a couple of UVI plugins/instruments through KnobCloud a few months ago. The license transfer wasn't lightning fast but quite ok. If I remember correctly, within 12 hours.

"We're busier than normal at the moment dealing with Black Friday" is the response from the vast majority of developers / retailers at this time of year. Even for tech support, or any other kind of support that is not sales related!
"Like toilet paper, we're on a roll."

Return to “Instruments”