Official Arturia VCollection5 thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

V0RT3X wrote:Yo I'm chill, maybe my overuse of expletives made me seem upset, but I'm not. Anyways I'm out on this debate lol, I need to get back to some non-electronic music stuff aka work.
:tu:

Scotty wrote:When you are looking for an organ type sound what leads you to the the Farfisa or B3. Is there a definable characteristic that can be put into words?
A hammond is kind of a more "mature" sound. It's big and meaty. Can be mellow and pretty too. You'd associate it with jazz, rock, blues and gospel. The Farfisa is just straight up a kind of cheesy organ sound. Very bright/buzzy, very kitschy. Think Stereolab. The Vox Continental is another transistor organ like the Farfisa. That one is super bright, and can even be harsh. It can cut straight through a mix and can even be annoying when it doesn't work, but be fantastic when it does (same is true for Farfisa sounds). For the Vox, think the Doors first album, the Animals House of the Rising Sun, or the Monkey's I'm a Believer.

Try them out and you'll see that the Farfisa and Vox are closer to each other than they are to B3-V, but they're all quite different. Comparable to how a big hollowbody archtop guitar will sound different to a distorted Les Paul, which will sound different to a clean Jazzmaster played through a ton of spring reverb. They're all electric guitar sounds, but when you'd use them can vary based on what you're going for.

Interesting.. clearly I have been under a rock as it was just two nights ago that a friend introduced me to Stereolab. Very interesting sonics for sure. I love the Vox I am using it on my current album in a few places and it is just loaded with character especially with some detuned delay on it and with extreme settings. I tend to use the B3 more traditionally as you mention. I haven't used a Farfisa organ sound on my tracks so it could be interesting. Thanks for responding and for finding the vocabulary. Much appreciated.

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote:
Scotty wrote:When you are looking for an organ type sound what leads you to the the Farfisa or B3. Is there a definable characteristic that can be put into words?
A hammond is kind of a more "mature" sound. It's big and meaty. Can be mellow and pretty too. You'd associate it with jazz, rock, blues and gospel. The Farfisa is just straight up a kind of cheesy organ sound. Very bright/buzzy, very kitschy. Think Stereolab. The Vox Continental is another transistor organ like the Farfisa. That one is super bright, and can even be harsh. It can cut straight through a mix and can even be annoying when it doesn't work, but be fantastic when it does (same is true for Farfisa sounds). For the Vox, think the Doors first album, the Animals House of the Rising Sun, or the Monkey's I'm a Believer.

Try them out and you'll see that the Farfisa and Vox are closer to each other than they are to B3-V, but they're all quite different. Comparable to how a big hollowbody archtop guitar will sound different to a distorted Les Paul, which will sound different to a clean Jazzmaster played through a ton of spring reverb. They're all electric guitar sounds, but when you'd use them can vary based on what you're going for.

V0RT3X wrote:
I don't understand the OCD like obsession people have when it comes to emulations. I mean it's just another means to an end in the grand scheme of things.
Yah! I love that they recreated the synths original looks. I always wanted, but would NEVER want to own a real: Jupiter 8, Mini, 2600, Solina... so THIS is the perfect product to me. And the main heart of the sound is there even if it is not TOTALLY PERFECT. $200 for a 2600? They go fro $3000 to $10,000 on ebay right now... and I will NEVER have to get mine repaired! Plus more voices. Love it.

PAK wrote:BTW, Cameron Jones has some interesting notes about Synclavier V here, if no body posted the link yet - http://www.synclavier.com/info-pages/so ... ching.html
very good info on that page, thank you!

@Arturia You have updated the Mini V Filter, but not the other products. Will there be engine improvements for the other old ones too? Like ARP2600 and Prophet?

not trying to be the grump guy, but now combof is gone too (http://www.martinic.com). I think that is the same case that happened with ComboV some years ago. to the ones that didn't get the Arturia, I hope that you've make your backups :)

wheres the init preset for these synths? anyone? cheers

zerocrossing wrote:I agree. More tweakability on Piano V would be really nice. Give me the ability to change the resonant chamber character or load my own impulses.
There are 9 models to choose from, I wonder what model they were based from. Two models are certainly Model D, and Yamaha U3. I also would like to see more layered piano with synth/string in the Analog Lab 2.
Kaossilatron - Voicillator
Station: Ableton Live 10 Suite, Obscurium, Push 2, Ultranova, MS-20m, Wavedrums

Maybe it was stated before... is Analog Lab 2 part of the 99€/$ update or is it only available with the full update?
IMO it's not a new "instrument" because it's also available in V-Collection 4 so IMO it should be included in the 99 update?

4damind wrote:Maybe it was stated before... is Analog Lab 2 part of the 99€/$ update or is it only available with the full update?
IMO it's not a new "instrument" because it's also available in V-Collection 4 so IMO it should be included in the 99 update?
If you already own Analog Lab 1 (whether part of V4 or individually), Analog Lab 2 is a free update :D

bundoo wrote:wheres the init preset for these synths? anyone? cheers
Look under Template.

MikeCallon wrote:
4damind wrote:Maybe it was stated before... is Analog Lab 2 part of the 99€/$ update or is it only available with the full update?
If you already own Analog Lab 1 (whether part of V4 or individually), Analog Lab 2 is a free update :D
Aah, ok nice!

CS80 has a really terrible UI....why make the lettering so small? It's as if they wanted to make it look like it was just dredged up out of some attic....thanks for the template tip btw...although the Jupiter doesn't have one...

I've read, here, that the piano and organ can sound pretty good with some tweaking.
What I'm wondering is if presets made by other users in the individual, fully editable instruments can be shared and imported into Analog Lab 2. It would be great to try presets in Analog Lab that have been tweaked to the satisfaction of some of you folks that have good ears and experience with comparable B3 and piano emulations.

Return to “Instruments”