Go to plugins for Bass Distortion

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

FXPansion Single Mault SE
Klanghelm SDDR (great for subtle saturation on bass too)
Studio Devil VTP
Any half decent Waveshaper!

Cheers

Scorb
I once thought I had mono for an entire year. It turned out I was just really bored...

Soundtoys Decapitator.

Sumo is indeed very good! Wish it was 64-bit.

Kilohearts Faturator is my fav.

anwarM wrote:It's for DnB type reece bass and I want something that can really fry the tone?
I'm usually using Trash 2 for all distortion type. But currently enjoying Glitchmachines Subvert for an aggresive tone with modern character. It's a powerful sound destruction tool and complimenting Trash 2 nicely. The distortion is limited compared to Trash 2, but overall it could destroy any bass with an edge.
Kaossilatron - Voicillator
Station: Ableton Live 10 Suite, Obscurium, Push 2, Ultranova, MS-20m, Wavedrums

iZotope Trash 2
OhmForce Ohmicide
FabFilter Satin

The first 2 are definite Go To's

PSP Mix Saturator2 (Mixpack2)
VST Mappings for Bitwig
--Bitwig 5/ Live10 Suite/ Maschine/ HP X360 8Core--

willdub1 wrote:FabFilter Satin
:)

anwarM wrote: I want something that can really fry the tone?
There are 2 pedals in Revalver Amp Store for bass.. that may be able to fry your tone.

-Grinder 3.99$
-Slab of Meat 3.99$ Peavey says: A punishing bass distortion/overdrive perfect for grinding basslines.

If it fails.. Ohmicide will fry everything.
- WonderEcho -

Yeah I second the Waves EMI.

Trash is also good as it gives you a multiband approach to distortion which is often needed for bass. I also like the Waves Vitamin for this reason. It's a bit different since its part distortion, part compression, part EQ and part stereo widener. Quite a flexible tool.

IK have their Saturator-X that is out now. Also worth a look.

strovoknights wrote:PSP Mix Saturator2 (Mixpack2)
this one is really huge, but i, for one, would use it rather for bass and subbass enhancer/synthesizer rather than bass saturation/distortion

Disto > Hotness
!

+1 (TSE BOD could be of great interest!)

PhreePhuzz (free!) from LVC Audio sounds really good.
And there's the paying version.
http://lvcaudio.com/plugins/hotphuzz/

I have too many but for bass I tend to use Soundtoys Decapitator, Fxpansion Mault or FabFilter Saturn
Intel Core i7 8700K, 16gb, Windows 10 Pro, Focusrite Scarlet 6i6

I don't typically go for crushed megadistorted bass, so not sure how useful this is to you, but I use Amplitube's bass sims. I still use the Ampeg ones, which I guess are getting old now but it's set and forget easy to use at this point so I'm probably sticking with it.

Return to “Effects”