SynthMaster v2.9.8 released with 50 new cinematic presets by DeJaVu Sound

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
SynthMaster 2

Safe travel. Boston days are behind you or are you still there most of the time?
rsp
sound sculptist

Fantastic. Downloading the newest update and hoping to check it out this weekend.

Thanks for a great update! :tu:

zvenx wrote:Safe travel. Boston days are behind you or are you still there most of the time?
rsp
Well actually I am traveling for a week, then I'll come back but then leave for good on June 27th :)
I've got to sell all the furniture while coding for SynthMaster One :lol:
Last edited by kv331 on Thu May 26, 2016 1:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Works at KV331 Audio
SynthMaster voted #1 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll
SynthMaster One voted #4 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll

Have a safe trip!!
I read more than post = I listen more than I talk

Bug: a change from preset A to preset B is effective only when MIDI events are coming (i.e when the song is playing).
Also, the Preset tab doesn't seem to be working properly (knobs without label). Not sure if it's a consequence of the above.

Also there are still references to v2.7 and even 2.6 on the website (in the descriptions of the download links).

Wishlist (at least for v3 if not for v2.8 ): being able to install 2 synthmaster versions side by side.

lolilol1975 wrote:Bug: a change from preset A to preset B is effective only when MIDI events are coming (i.e when the song is playing).
I couldnt understand this one ?

Also, the Preset tab doesn't seem to be working properly (knobs without label). Not sure if it's a consequence of the above.
lolilol1975 wrote: Also there are still references to v2.7 and even 2.6 on the website (in the descriptions of the download links).
will fix asap.
lolilol1975 wrote: Wishlist (at least for v3 if not for v2.8 ): being able to install 2 synthmaster versions side by side.
Yes they'll work side by side, because they'll have separate plugin IDs. The only issue we have to think about is projects saved with v2.8 wouldnt open in v3.0 if they have different plugin IDs. anyone having any idea on this one ? :)
Last edited by kv331 on Thu May 26, 2016 12:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Works at KV331 Audio

2.8.3 fixed the Logic/AU crash problem for me. The waveforms seem to be back. Validation did drive the CPU up to 96%, highest I've ever seen. Perhaps because both instrument and FX were being validated at the same time?

FLWrd wrote:2.8.3 fixed the Logic/AU crash problem for me. The waveforms seem to be back. Validation did drive the CPU up to 96%, highest I've ever seen. Perhaps because both instrument and FX were being validated at the same time?
Probably SM was reading waveform/preset metadata that would explain the CPU hit. It does this only once though.

I am glad it worked out this time :tu:
Works at KV331 Audio

kv331 wrote:
FLWrd wrote:2.8.3 fixed the Logic/AU crash problem for me. The waveforms seem to be back. Validation did drive the CPU up to 96%, highest I've ever seen. Perhaps because both instrument and FX were being validated at the same time?
Probably SM was reading waveform/preset metadata that would explain the CPU hit. It does this only once though.

I am glad it worked out this time :tu:
Is it me or is the wave interpolation smoother? Because, the AM modulation seems to be a lot smoother to me and single cycles seem to be better interpolated? Maybe I'm imagining things but yeah.... seems that way.

Dasheesh wrote: Is it me or is the wave interpolation smoother? Because, the AM modulation seems to be a lot smoother to me and single cycles seem to be better interpolated? Maybe I'm imagining things but yeah.... seems that way.
The oscillator code was rewritten in v2.7, we haven't changed anything in 2.8
Works at KV331 Audio

PFFFF....version 2.8.3 x64 still crashing reaper x64 on windows 10
never happened to me before with any synthmaster release :scared:

kv331 wrote:
FLWrd wrote:I am glad it worked out this time :tu:
Thanks for the quick fix.

cuppa wrote:PFFFF....version 2.8.3 x64 still crashing reaper x64 on windows 10
never happened to me before with any synthmaster release :scared:
2.8.3 is a stable release now. BTW, I ALWAYS test with Reaper :) It should be something in your config.

Try deleting Documents/SynthMaster all data/vst files, then reinstall, and try again.
Works at KV331 Audio

What the hell. I accidentally switched to the "Developer Skin" and had to figure out how to get it back again :lol:

It seems to be "sticking" to the Player skins. Even if I change it back to Default Skin in the menu... try to manually/force refresh the plugin, close/reload the plugin, restart the DAW and load the plugin fresh, etc etc... it still stays in Player skin mode.

I give up. Then.. several minutes later - I try it again, and it works! Weird.

MogwaiBoy wrote:What the hell. I accidentally switched to the "Developer Skin" and had to figure out how to get it back again :lol:

It seems to be "sticking" to the Player skins. Even if I change it back to Default Skin in the menu... try to manually/force refresh the plugin, close/reload the plugin, restart the DAW and load the plugin fresh, etc etc... it still stays in Player skin mode.

I give up. Then.. several minutes later - I try it again, and it works! Weird.
Tried to replicate this just for kicks. Looks to be confirmed - for the most part. Set it on "Player Skin" and reloaded it to show the Player Skin then chose "Development Skin" reloaded it to show the Development Skin. Selected "Player Skin' again, reloaded, and it was still stuck in Development Skin. Hit the "Default - Skin Orange", relaunched Synthmaster and it went straight to the orange skin right away.

Return to “Instruments”