New Gear Thread

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

And I have one of these on the way:

Oh no, I’ve been very very naughty :oops:
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

As one might guess, it's totally unlike patching any other synth. My electronics knowledge is basic, so some things make sense but it quickly gets beyond intuition.

I tend to think of it as having three main frequency ranges -- LFO, mid, and high. At high frequency, almost everything you do is going to run at audio rate and you're basically just playing with the texture of the sound. At mid range, the higher octaves on the divider are audio rate while the lower are LFO rate, so you get a wide variety of loops, robotic birdsong, etc. from it. At the low range everything is LFO rate, except you might get some fun clicks and whines out of it.

I do feel like I overpaid -- the 4060 IC itself is about 50 cents and there's not a lot else in the circuit; even relatively unskilled I could have built it on a breadboard from a schematic. But the fun is worth the price, and it's a pretty convenient package (except more space for patchinig would be nice -- I might go ahead and get a breadboard to expand the space).

:cry: I got nothing to post here...

Mushy Mushy wrote:Oh no, I’ve been very very naughty :oops:
Third TT303 :oops:

Midiverb IV

Behringer UCA222

Cubase 8.5

VEP5
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

AKAI MPD218 - Cheap but quality drum controller:

Yes, I have strong motivation to finally learn to play an instrument for real :borg:
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”