Dark Percussion

How to make that sound...
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

im trying to make this dark percussions (not the bassline) at min 1 but dont know how, any ideas?https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wWiN8vCHXZQ

we.. either you hit the table in your studio and record that, or you take a clap/snare, pitch it down by 3 octaves, filter it down with a snappy envelope and apply reverb?

Any percussion through Valhalla Vintage Verb ;)

mnmlfrk wrote:we.. either you hit the table in your studio and record that, or you take a clap/snare, pitch it down by 3 octaves, filter it down with a snappy envelope and apply reverb?
im talking about the percussion that you hear at 1.02 exactly

fede5 wrote: im talking about the percussion that you hear at 1.02 exactly
That's rim shot pitched down to C2 scale because I got practically the same sound with a file called "707 Rim" (that comes with FL Studio) in FL Studio by just placing it somewhere at D#2, the only thing missing is a roomy reverb.
So, seek it with various rim shots and placing them in C2 scale.

brainzistor wrote:
fede5 wrote: im talking about the percussion that you hear at 1.02 exactly
That's rim shot pitched down to C2 scale because I got practically the same sound with a file called "707 Rim" (that comes with FL Studio) in FL Studio by just placing it somewhere at D#2, the only thing missing is a roomy reverb.
So, seek it with various rim shots and placing them in C2 scale.
nice, thats really close, not te exact sound yet but really close, maybe layering a couple of detuned rimshots may be the answer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RflLFRG1JqA 1.17 you can hear this type of percussion again, i tried detuning alot of samples but cant get anything similar.

Totolitoto wrote:Any percussion through Valhalla Vintage Verb ;)
Plus a steep lowpass filter. instant win. :)

fede5 wrote: 1.17 you can hear this type of percussion again, i tried detuning alot of samples but cant get anything similar.
That's not the same sound like in previous video.
You can clearly hear that the 2nd one is based on some metallic percussion.
You are messing apples with oranges.

Return to “Sound Design”