Is MCreativeBundle the best "creative" effects?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

I am running win7 and love making Dance music (Trance and House). In search of those so called creative effect plugins. Came across the said bundle is now on sale and the youtube demo is quite interesting. But be honest, I am not that kind of buyers who actively monitoring the effect market. So I'd like to seek your advise if there are any similar products worth consider?

P.S I have already watched the demo of Sound toy and Fabfilter stuff.

Cheers!
Cowby

IMHO if you are going to spend that much money for an important tool at the centre of your workflow, you should download and try demos to see which one evokes joy and stimulates your creativity. FWIW I have most of that M bundle and like it for sound design but feel that Fabfilter is better for dance. Have a look at Tritik, its only two paid/one free plugins but they are quite flexible and musical, and the design is one of the best: https://www.tritik.com
s a v e
y o u r
f l o w

IMO it is the best bargain I've seen for creative fx. Of course as said above demo the plugs and see if you like them. I'm sure you'll find melda plugins can mangle your sounds in all sorts of interesting and strange ways. Check out some of the stuff sampleconstruct posts using them. Melda products would be the first thing I'd recommend for sound design.

:borg:
Last edited by ontol on Mon Jul 11, 2016 2:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

ontol wrote:I won't rank anything the best since there are so many subjective variables, but have owned the Creative bundle for a couple of years and it's absolutely been worth the money. I get a ton of use out of it.

Plus, since I have bought it I have gotten another half dozen plugins free as the bundle has grown.
+1 and multiband! That's actually quite unique for creative effects. Lots of multiband compressors in the wild, but multiband Flangers, phaser, chorus.. Etc.. Not that many other options ;) Also awesome modulation options + the developer listens and implements feature requests all the time. Plugins are often updated.. I love my MCreative Bundle
Play it by ear

Half price right now

Fabfilter is easier to use but I have most of MCreative bundle as separate boughts and they get a lot of usage.

Definitely try before you buy.
IMO Melda's concepts, support, and coding are top notch, but the user interface is wretched.

Winstontaneous wrote:Definitely try before you buy.
IMO Melda's concepts, support, and coding are top notch, but the user interface is wretched.
This is word for word what I was going to post.
Demo the hell out of them. As much to see if you like them as just to get a head start getting acclimated....

Were it not for the gui design I think I would rank it as top value fx bundle without any doubt at all. Melda's feature lists are bonkers. But in use it loses a LOT of value, for me.
ImageImageImageImage

ontol wrote: ... since I have bought it I have gotten another half dozen plugins free as the bundle has grown.
Yeah. Same here. It's a great bundle that keeps getting better.

If you go for the CreativeBundle you might as well go all in and get the MXXXCore as well since it's half of now too.
http://www.meldaproduction.com/MXXXCore

Mxxx is a great creative toolset for experimenting. I'm not convinced that the sounds quality of individual plugins is at the same level as, say, Sound Toys or Valhalla. For me, it is all about the system as a whole. I'm not sure I'd want most of the separate plugins without Mxxx.
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

Steve Bolivar wrote:If you go for the CreativeBundle you might as well go all in and get the MXXXCore as well since it's half of now too.
http://www.meldaproduction.com/MXXXCore
Absolutely! This is a killer combination. There's nothing remotely as powerful as MXXX. With the creative bundle, you get many, many of the MXXX modules made available. At 50% off, this is absolutely worth the investment, IMO.

Definitely try the demo first.
Brilliant plugins in theory but the worst GUIs ever IMO.
I tried several times over the years to like them (and there is a lot to like soundwise) but the GUIs make me visually cringe and logically wanting to hit somebody on the head.
The dev also has an attitude I personally don't care for a bit.

But there are people with the opposite impression so I'd say get the demo and try to edit some more advanced things (don't only step through presets) and see if it works for you.

Tompadom wrote:Definitely try the demo first.
The dev also has an attitude I personally don't care for a bit.
Well, no one is ever going to accuse Vojtech of not having strong opinions. However, he has a great track record of listening to user requests and implementing them in astonishingly quick fashion when they make sense and fit in with his grand design.

Return to “Effects”