Best sampler for 808 samples?

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Coming from FL Studio to Logic pro x on a Mac i miss the built in sampler engine, I'm trying to use Battery 4 but it lacks the portamento / note slide feature.
Can any one suggest a good sampler alternative to the built in FL sampler?

And please don't tell me to use EXS24, its very slow to set up and load the sample and its annoying because it asks to save the preset as an instrument file thus piling up a bunch of unnecessary files.

Logic's own Ultrabeat. :tu:

Sorry, you mean for 808 kick/sub, taught you meant 808 kit...
This entire forum is wading through predictions, opinions, barely formed thoughts, drama, and whining. If you don't enjoy that, why are you here? :D ShawnG

For free there's Grace by onesmallclue
https://www.onesmallclue.com/plugin/grace/

For money they have Poise
https://www.onesmallclue.com/plugin/poise/

They are both Windows only...
This entire forum is wading through predictions, opinions, barely formed thoughts, drama, and whining. If you don't enjoy that, why are you here? :D ShawnG

Zexila wrote:They are both Windows only...
Ooops :hihi:

Let's keep it bumping than. :hihi:

Never went on this quest before, but now when I think about it, there's nothing out there really, everything is as convoluted as EXS, only thing with EXS for me personally is saving, but it's integrated with Logic, so you are shortcut away from loading sample in it from arrangement, sure not faster than FL where you just drop sample from library, here you need to call it up, open edit window and drop sample from library or drop it into arrangement and shortcut it to EXS, but it's one 808, suck it up, imagine if you needed to assign every freaking channel to mixer slot manually, right, that would suck way more. :wink:

Zexila wrote:Let's keep it bumping than. :hihi:

Never went on this quest before, but now when I think about it, there's nothing out there really, everything is as convoluted as EXS, only thing with EXS for me personally is saving, but it's integrated with Logic, so you are shortcut away from loading sample in it from arrangement, sure not faster than FL where you just drop sample from library, here you need to call it up, open edit window and drop sample from library or drop it into arrangement and shortcut it to EXS, but it's one 808, suck it up, imagine if you needed to assign every freaking channel to mixer slot manually, right, that would suck way more. :wink:
Yeah thats pretty much what i absolutely hate about FL, creating all these patterns and then assigning each and every one to a track.
On the other hand the built in sampler is amazing, easy fast and intuitive.

mr.melodic wrote:
Zexila wrote:Let's keep it bumping than. :hihi:

Yeah thats pretty much what i absolutely hate about FL, creating all these patterns and then assigning each and every one to a track.
On the other hand the built in sampler is amazing, easy fast and intuitive.
I know, you win some, you loose some, there's no perfect DAW unfortunately, you settle with closest bearable one, that was major deal breaker for me in FL and whole pattern thing, never really understood why that is easier for beginners than Logic, except for dropping samples from library and making quick beats with step sequencer and piano roll is nice, everything else is same or more convoluted. :?

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”