2c-Audio plugins losing plugin state

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Does anybody else use 2c-Audio plugins with Bitwig? If so, curious to hear if anybody else is having trouble. Specifically:

- With B2 and Breeze, if I make any manual adjustments to the EQ/saturation settings after loading a preset, within a few minutes these settings will have defaulted back to what they were when the preset was first loaded. Likewise if I'm creating a patch from scratch.

- With Kaleidoscope, the entire plugin will lose its state and revert back to init settings (i.e. no image, tuning sets itself to the lowest note possible and no sound is produced)

It's hard to pinpoint exactly when this happens but it seems to be while soloing other tracks/playing and pausing transport a lot. It could be that it occurs every time plugin states are saved but I haven't confirmed that yet.

Not to be a miser but I've contacted both Bitwig support and 2c-Audio support several times over the last year or so to try to make progress on this but haven't gained any traction with either party. Have tried a full reinstall of both Bitwig and all the 2c-Audio plugins with no success. Would be interested to hear if anybody else is having trouble because that's quite a lot of cash tied up in 3 plugins (which I love the sound of) but are effectively unusable in a proper project environment at this point...

got a friend who has these issues.
Already reported, but to no solution.
Best would be to write both companys and bug them i guess.

Alright well good to know it's not just me I suppose!

Have emailed Denis from 2c-audio again and will update this thread if I make any progress.

Very interesting, im strongly suspicious that this is happening to me too. Im going to do some tests to verify.

Quite a few times recently i've experienced situations where im sure B2 sounds different to how I left it, e.g. i'll have a room sound setup and at some point it just sounds like someone hitting a plastic pipe instead. Then im left second guessing myself, did I really choose this weird plastic pipe effect?

----- Runs some tests ------

YES. You're right.

There's a quick way to verify it.

Load B2 on a channel, change the Damp and EQ curve from their drop down menus, e.g. to Lo C 1.
Turn the plug off and back on again and they revert back to the initial settings : Hi T 1 and Hi S 1.

That happens to ALL the drop down selectors in both A and B. :(

No wonder all my tracks have been sounding wrong.

Bitwig responded to my support request and they say its on 2C Audio's side.

Any update from them?

I think its steinberg's side. :idiot:

Turn's out you're right to a degree, all to do with the VST spec being ambiguous apparently.

Hopefully 2C have a fix in the works.

Are you on OSX or Windows marvo? Denis sent me some .dlls to test for Windows yesterday and he seems to have fixed the issue (hooray!). I've asked him whether I can distribute them to other people with the problem to test as well.

It sounds like Bitwig's interpretation of the spec is pretty peculiar so I think it's more of a workaround on 2c-Audios part, rather than a 'bug' fix, but appreciated nonetheless.

Thanks, i've got the test .dlls as well and its all working well for me.

Im just glad you brought it up because I was getting confused why all my bitwig projects kept changing sound. I often use long plugin chains so hadn't worked out it was B2 that was the cause :)

Ha yes I remember the point at which I noticed it as well. Think I was trying to low pass a reverb down to like 100 hz for some techno sub kick stuff, came back after a few minutes and it sounded absolutely diabolical and realised what had happened.

Spent quite a few mixing sessions before that scratching my head and doubting my own abilities...

Return to “Bitwig”