I'll never be able to afford Modular gear
6%
I'm all digital and hate hardware
14%

Total votes: 36

RELATED
PRODUCTS

Removed
Last edited by jwise on Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Check out this thread: viewtopic.php?f=259&t=459477&p=6419286& ... y#p6419286

I'm using Bitwig with silent way via an Audient id22 & expert sleepers ES-3 and it seems to be working fine. The Bitwig hardware FX tool is really really useful for routing stuff intelligently to different outputs without having to mess around with track routing all the time - you can actually just set up a load of presets for the various silent way modules, save them along with a hardware fx routed to your adat outputs, and this will immediately load into any project without having to keep setting up new tracks. It's pretty rad.

I've been using my modular with Bitwig through my ES-40 and ESX-8CV modules. Right now I'm using a mix of Reaktor and the SW Voice Controller being routed into the ESX 8CV Combiner (through bidule as bitwig's audio routing is not sufficient to support this).

Here's what it looks like:

What is that hadrware fx tool you mentioned? I just yesterday learned to route the voice controller outputs to individual channels via audio receivers... A needlessly complicated and clumsy approach, since you hardware outs can´t be assigned to the individual channels of a multiout plugin.

Other than that, seems to be working great, altough it´s more elegant under Reaper, because of the superior audio routing it has.

I little question just popped up in my head.
Assuming you route in a CV signal to a dc-coupled audio input (e.g. of your expert sleepers thing) and into a bitwig device chain. Will the Audio MOD device (with envelope follower turned off) let you modulate parameters in Bitwig studio by that CV signal?
Or has the Audio MOD device a DC blocker?

I use it alot with my modular too... Often just midi to yarns and the rest is done in my rack. Every voice is going to its own track so editing afterwards is easy.

Hi, I'm trying to use Reaktor with modular blocks 1.2, I have an ES-3 routed out my Adat port on my interface. Setup chains with an audio receiver. I can go into the audio receiver and select any of the multiple outs, but it only sends data on those 2 particular outputs I select. I'm a bit stuck, as knobsturner mention above that it is a routing issue in Bitwig that is limiting this? Anyone have any solutions, or am I just not routing something right?
I really like NI Approch with blocks, its just a great interface and very intuitive to work with, paired with bitwig it's a dream come true+-
Thanks
Jason

minus 1 wrote:Hi, I'm trying to use Reaktor with modular blocks 1.2, I have an ES-3 routed out my Adat port on my interface. Setup chains with an audio receiver. I can go into the audio receiver and select any of the multiple outs, but it only sends data on those 2 particular outputs I select. I'm a bit stuck, as knobsturner mention above that it is a routing issue in Bitwig that is limiting this? Anyone have any solutions, or am I just not routing something right?
I really like NI Approch with blocks, its just a great interface and very intuitive to work with, paired with bitwig it's a dream come true+-
Thanks
Jason
I actually recently switched from the ES-40 to the ES-3, you need to make sure you have all 8 ADAT outputs as stereo pairs in your setup:

And then in the Reaktor plugin you need to put a Hardware FX device on the first 4 multi-out chains with each one sending audio to one of the stereo pairs:

Great, thanks for the info, I will try that today. So happy to finally have a solution. I have Expert Sleepers also, but it was not working with Windows 10. In the inter-um I bought a OP-Lab to continue sonic adventures, then blocks 1.2 came out, and my world got a little bit brighter. Today is a full on sunny day.

Removed
Last edited by jwise on Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thanks
I don't know where you found that video, but I am glad you shared it. Thank you. I did get knobsturner's method to work once, but then Bitwig crashed and I haven't been able to repeat his setup, dumb luck on my part I guess.
Cheers

Return to “Bitwig”