Bitwig Studio 1.3.10 RC-1

Official support for: bitwig.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

sawsq wrote:Two problems here on Win7 64bit:

1. I opened an existing project in 1.3.10 RC-1, had a problem (see below) with it, closed and tried to open it with 1.3.9, to see if this was a problem there, too. --> Could not open project in 1.3.9, invalid document version.
That´s the trap. Don´t touch your projects with RC´s. :scared:
The average bored guy

psydave wrote:
anoise wrote:
psydave wrote:
2. When opening the Zebra2 synth while playing the arrangement, the automation in the arrangement will be ignored (restore automation control button=green) ...I assume that it's maybe a problem with zebra rather than bitwig!? everytime I open zebra the layout gets "recreated", you can see it in the video too...

https://vid.me/2Wf5
+1 This happens with Hive too and maybe all u-he synth's.
alright, I just checked if the issue happens in ableton live too, but it doesn't.

would be nice if you guys from bitwig can fix that :)

It does not seem to happen on my maschine, ubuntu 14.04.

Maybe it is Mac related, or does it tend to happen on windows as well ?

Excds wrote:One thing that I've seen for quite a while is the problem that text input gets stuck in CAPS, even though CAPS LOCK is off. The only way to input non-CAPS text is to turn CAPS LOCK on.

This goes away after restarting Bitwig studio, but I have no idea of what is triggering it. It's just one of those "oh crap, this is happening again".

Has anyone else seen this problem?

I'm running on Ubuntu 14.04 with the KXStudio addons.
I am on Ubunu 14.04 as well, but had no issue. Maybe i can recreate it somehow... i´ll inform you if i can.

Cheers

Damn, is it me or project loading is ten times faster than before ?

FIXED - Saving a preset that embeds two different files with the same name is not possible.
Confirmed!
FIXED - Sluggish GUI response in some situations on OSX El Capitan.
Confirmed! This is huge! The spikes on the DSP perf. window halved.. I can now set 64 samples for the buffer for a project where in 1.3.9 I had to use 128 samples for smooth audio. 8) (I'm on Yosemite BTW)

This makes BWS more usable in so many more situations! (Live performance.) Congrats! :tu:

Send of drum machine still not audible when soloing efect track :(

bite_me wrote:

1. I opened an existing project in 1.3.10 RC-1, had a problem (see below) with it, closed and tried to open it with 1.3.9, to see if this was a problem there, too. --> Could not open project in 1.3.9, invalid document version.
No worries, I'm fully aware it's a RC, I wouldn't have done it with a real project I cared about, or I would have made a backup. :hug: But thx for pointing this out.

AUTO-ADMIN: Non-MP3, WAV, OGG, SoundCloud, YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter and Facebook links in this post have been protected automatically. Once the member reaches 5 posts the links will function as normal.
anoise wrote:
psydave wrote:
2. When opening the Zebra2 synth while playing the arrangement, the automation in the arrangement will be ignored (restore automation control button=green) ...I assume that it's maybe a problem with zebra rather than bitwig!? everytime I open zebra the layout gets "recreated", you can see it in the video too...

https://vid.me/2Wf5 (https://vid.me/2Wf5)
+1 This happens with Hive too and maybe all u-he synth's.

+1 for U-He Zebra2 (El Capitan)

With u-he plugins I now recognized the problem that the plugin gui gets flickering when I drag the plugin window slightly out of the screen borders.
(Win10, Surface Pro 4, plugins opened in Bitwig studio version 1.3.10 RC1)
Other plugin guis (tested it with NI) stay smooth when dragging them out of screen.

Maybe its a u-he problem but maybe also a BwS+u-he-combination issue?

u-u-u wrote:With u-he plugins I now recognized the problem that the plugin gui gets flickering when I drag the plugin window slightly out of the screen borders.
Other plugin guis (tested it with NI) stay smooth when dragging them out of screen.

When I downloaded the Nerve demo yesterday, the GUI was flickering a lot when opened in Bitwig. I don't think it's just u-he. this was on 1.3.9 though

u-u-u wrote:With u-he plugins I now recognized the problem that the plugin gui gets flickering when I drag the plugin window slightly out of the screen borders.

From what I observed that's just how the u-he GUI's behave in general (in other DAW's too). The refreshing of the GUI gets jerky / sluggish when dragged beyond the edges of the screen.

I tested Zebra2, Diva, Hive, and Bazille on Win 7 with respect to the automation (green button). While I get this turning automation off consistently for Zebra, Hive and Bazille, I don't get it each and every the time with Diva. Gonna try to figure out the cases when Diva/automation does/doesn't do it tonight.

WXLF wrote:

When I downloaded the Nerve demo yesterday, the GUI was flickering a lot when opened in Bitwig. I don't think it's just u-he. this was on 1.3.9 though
I also experience flickering and artefacts with tdl Nova GE with the hardware graphics turned on, so may have something to do with that?

bite_me wrote:

The solution is to create a copy of your project for testing purposes - not only because of the backwards compatibility, but also in case something is wrong in the beta and messes up your project.
Better safe than sorry and all that ;-)

Cheers,

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
Sculptures ScreenDream Mastodon

Hey everyone, any idea what might be going on here? Everything is working fine in Logic, so I know it's not the interface. I'm getting hard clipping when I record-enable an audio track:

https://youtu.be/bQ7IRkf78Oo

Thanks.

Return to “Bitwig”