Help ! After Synthmaster player 2.8 install every settings lost !

Official support for: kv331audio.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

My problem is not with Synthmaster Player, its with the Synthmaster Instrument. VEP is looking for the old plugin when I load my project.

You mean it has a different ID/plugin name?

It is listed in the plugin list in Logic and in VEP with its version number, but only in VEP it is not backwards compatible with projects that had SM 2.7.x, spitting out the error above

I saw the installers where updated the 23rd. The installer updated ok but I get the same error.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Do a clean installation:

1. delete /library/application support/kv331 audio/synthmaster
2. delete documents/synthmaster/config/synthmasterconfig.txt
3. delete /users/shared/synthmastertemp27
4. delete /library/audio/plug-ins/components/synthmaster2.component
5. delete /library/audio/plug-ins/components/synthmaster2fx.component

reinstall:

http://www.synthmaster.com/downloadfile.aspx?fileId=43 (yes it is updated today)

run your DAW and do au validation again.
Works at KV331 Audio
SynthMaster voted #1 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll
SynthMaster One voted #4 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll

Done. Same problem but I created a VEP instance with replaced 2.8 plugins and that works fine.

It replaces 2.7 for 2.8 fine in old Logic 9 projects so can I assume its a problem with Vienna Ensemble Pro and post it on their forum? Maybe they'll call you to help you out, compare error logs and debugging info.

I have no idea but whatever process is used to register the plugin so it appears in the plugin selection menu, you probably should not register it with the version number appearing in the menu as Synthmaster 2.8, just "SynthMaster".

And the fix for the player?

backagain wrote:...but I created a VEP instance with replaced 2.8 plugins and that works fine.
That was ok for this current project because I didn't yet use SynthMaster, though 2.7 was in my template. Using 2.8.2 today with my client.

kv331 wrote:I am about to release an update for this today, the issue was fixed last night.
Thanks for the update. But SMP remains buggy: A click in the UI to change settings (Polyphony, Quality...) crashes the DAW (Reaper 5.201 under win 7/64). It was not the case of V2.7

Regarding the loading error, I requested VSL's perspective in case it was their fault. They think you should remove the version number from the plugin name that shows up in the menu of plugins. I invite you to interact with them, they are just as cool and helpful as you Bülent.

https://vsl.co.at/community/posts/m2472 ... post247207

Deleted all files per your instructions and Installed 2.8.3. Same error in VEP

Errors occurred while loading plugins:
AU: KV331Audio| SynthMaster 2.7 Instrument (Could not create plugin)

My Problem is that Cubase 7.5 just doesn’t SEE the Synthmaster and SynthmasterPlayer VST anymore (although the DLLs are where they used to and should be). So neither Synthmaster nor SynthmasterPlayer can be loaded as instruments into a Cubase project.

I tried to open an older Cubase project of mine where Synthmaster is used. The project does open (it doesn’t crash) but says that the VST instrument for the track on which SM has been used cannot be found.

I tried replacing the 2.8 DLLs by the 2.7 DLLs. That doesn’t solve the problem, Synthmaster remains invisible to Cubase.

So, what shall we do now? Uninstall all of the KV331 software and reinstall the older versions from scratch?

PS: Sorry for posting this in several threads concerning problems with the 2.8 update. I just didn’t know which thread was the right one.

Same issue, only worse for me e. I can see the .dll files in the plug in list, but as soon as I go to load SM, it immediately makes Cubase Artist 7 crash. I tried re-loading 2.7 only to now have the same thing happen, so it's now totally useless to me. Given that it's become one of my go to and favourite synths, this is a real problem and it sounds to me like the 2.8 has been released way before it should have been because people seem to b having issues in all sorts of hosts other than just ours. I also tried doing what was suggested above in deleting everything to do with SM but that didn't help either. They should leave the 2.7 on the site too even though in my own case, I had it saved just for cases like this, even though it isn't helping at all now.

I updated to 2.8 today and Cubase Elements 8 started crashing... finally realized it crashed on any file that was trying to load Synthmaster. Long story short, had to uninstall 2.8 and re-install 2.7 from my previous download. I'm going to stick with that for now... have 20 active projects that all are loading 2.7 and can't get fouled up in the middle of it.

Return to “KV331 Audio”