break tweaker for $49.. is it abandonware like many izotope products?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

pheeleep wrote:Hello. Can you use those samples outside of Breaktweaker (wavs?)
You can load it in any sampler.
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

Thanks for the replies :) I am trying to talk myself out of this but this just made my decision harder. Might get it just for the samples. I already have Geist (V1) in terms of triggering patterns. Does this bring anything to the table that Geist can't do? Genuinely curious.
Play it by ear

yeah i'm thinking if the samples are that good.. probably worth it. Might be great to use those samples in my hardware too. So... i'm on the fence, sort of up and down, still not sure. But i think i will give in :grin:

No shuffle/swing ?

I'm out

TheoM wrote:yeah i'm thinking if the samples are that good.. probably worth it. Might be great to use those samples in my hardware too. So... i'm on the fence, sort of up and down, still not sure. But i think i will give in :grin:
Giving in is a virtue in this situation :) . At only $50 I think Breaktweaker is a no-brainer. If something goes wrong with regards to O/S compatibility in the near future you can always resale Breaktweaker and being it only costed you $50 you should get back most if not all your money. Low risk high reward!

I really like the MicroEdit section of Breaktweaker. I had been wanting Breaktweaker for a long time now and I was just waiting for it to go on sale. A couple weeks ago JRRshop had it on sale for $50 and such a low price tag out-weighed any concerns I had with regards to development and limitations and it was simply a no-brainer at that point. I always wanted it but at $250 I could not justify it or reach for my wallet. Izotope has been great at making up for past sins lately by giving the market some unbelievable deals with regards to price and quality. Breaktweaker may not be perfect (good luck with finding perfection with any plugins or companies that develop them) but it is fully capable of generally meeting my needs.
T2 Icarus is a must. SonicCore SCOPE is the most. As heart of studio it has my vote, cause XITE-1 is all she wrote.

Copy protection is kind of "light": Challenge/Response :)

But how many computers can one license be utilized on?

Numanoid wrote:Copy protection is kind of "light": Challenge/Response :)

But how many computers can one license be utilized on?
i do know that Izotope allows you to run copies of their software on multiple computers as long as you are the sole user. Here's official info - https://www.izotope.com/en/support/know ... uters.html

I'm not a huge fan of Challenge/Response myself but i do tolerate it with a couple companies only. In my case a compromise had to be made if i was going to refuse dongles/virtual-dongles but still have a complete enough arsenal of the best Native plugins and C/R was it as long as i don't buy too many products that rely on C/R or deal with too many companies that use it (i mostly use Serial-Number only or Keyfile plugins, etc, anything truly Customer-friendly). The beauty of Izotope is that they offer multiple Copy-Protection schemes so most people can be kept happy or in my case satisfied. They offer dongle and C/R. The C/R is flexible and not necessarily internet depended since once you've Activated your products you can store your Activations on a external USB Flash drive and use the Flash drive to Activate your plugins in the future if Izotope ever go out of business or something. Izotope's Copy-Protection system is'nt perfect but it is amongs the most flexible.
T2 Icarus is a must. SonicCore SCOPE is the most. As heart of studio it has my vote, cause XITE-1 is all she wrote.

Gosh Darnit. Why did I just try the demo. The micro edit feature is sweet! The included samples are very nice (I watched a few videos on YouTube that show cased some of them). CPU usage actually not too bad on my PC. Comparable to many other VSTi's that I have. $50 on sale. Much harder to resist now :(
Play it by ear

pheeleep don't, whatever you do check out the plugin guru OMG bank. And whatever you do don't listen to this guy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXsQAXx_ao0 :evil:
Latest release and Socials: https://linktr.ee/ph.i.ltr3

Too late! Already got it... :(

:) :) :)
Play it by ear

you happy with the samples Pheeleep? Did you go through plugin boutique? jrr have the same price at present, just wondering who would have faster delivery of the serial. Then again I can use it for 10 days can't i, so no big deal. I'll get it, simply cause i haven't bought a hardware drum machine yet, and between UAD for fx and hardware for instruments, i can pretty much devote my entire cpu to just drums.

TheoM wrote:you happy with the samples Pheeleep? Did you go through plugin boutique? jrr have the same price at present, just wondering who would have faster delivery of the serial. Then again I can use it for 10 days can't i, so no big deal. I'll get it, simply cause i haven't bought a hardware drum machine yet, and between UAD for fx and hardware for instruments, i can pretty much devote my entire cpu to just drums.
Didn't have a chance to go through many but so far so good :) I got it from PluginBoutique. I had a couple of credits in my account that I applied to the order. Delivery of serial number took less than a minute after submitting the order.
Play it by ear

Nocturnal909 wrote:
pheeleep wrote:
acYm wrote:
TheoM wrote:nerve way too expensive sorry, i'd rather put that towards hardware drums.
it's not, it's in line with the competition, and nobody ever looked back and said, this is worth a lot less than what I paid for. and it's still being updated. like, recently there has been the addition of trigger modes (which happened to be the main draw of bt over nerve imo). makes the program much cooler, if anything they should have bumped the price tag...

seems the guys on the kore forum got it running fine on el capitan btw

anyway my final 2c: for 49$ it's a no-brainer just for the samples. there is no such thing as 2gb of such incredibly varied and useful sounds at that price in the soundware market.
Hello. Can you use those samples outside of Breaktweaker (wavs?) or are they in a proprietary format that can only be used in Breaktweaker? Thanks.

I just opened the sample content up and it looks like all wav. about 6000 items. All seems to be 24 bit.
Screen Shot 2016-05-28 at 1.01.45 AM.png
Hang on a mo... Are those the samples that come with the base product? I picked it up at the $49 price and my sample library is minuscule by comparison. A grand total of 24 samples (count 'em). Am I missing something here?

Aha, just answered my own question! Factory library is a separate download in my Izotope account. Cheers!

topaz wrote:No shuffle/swing ?

I'm out
Sadly no but you can play around with the microedit and abuse it for swing/shuffle with really good results.
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

Return to “Effects”