!Epoch, for the next 4 years

Official support for: loomer.co.uk
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

woggle wrote:
colin@loomer wrote:It's my "main" project, but I'm working on various other things too: updates for the Loomer products, as well as prototypes for forthcoming plug-ins. I have other pursuits both engineering based - (amateur game coder, electronics, learning new programming languages - I'm teaching myself Haskell at the moment), and - gotta keep the balance - lots of things away from the glow of monitors and soldering irons: I'm a (terrible) archer; a fairly decent runner; a capable pen and ink artist; I'm working on a few book ideas, etc.

I have a busy life, just not enough time to fit it all in. If anyone has an inkling at how to build one of those devices that Michael Keaton uses in Multiplicity, I'm all ears.
ha ha - I know this life
And how many kids ?
You can't always get what you waaaant...

stanlea wrote:
woggle wrote:
colin@loomer wrote:It's my "main" project, but I'm working on various other things too: updates for the Loomer products, as well as prototypes for forthcoming plug-ins. I have other pursuits both engineering based - (amateur game coder, electronics, learning new programming languages - I'm teaching myself Haskell at the moment), and - gotta keep the balance - lots of things away from the glow of monitors and soldering irons: I'm a (terrible) archer; a fairly decent runner; a capable pen and ink artist; I'm working on a few book ideas, etc.

I have a busy life, just not enough time to fit it all in. If anyone has an inkling at how to build one of those devices that Michael Keaton uses in Multiplicity, I'm all ears.
ha ha - I know this life
And how many kids ?
be interesting to see if Colin does all that with young kids as well. For me it is two - both adults now. I went to Uni (undergrad to PhD) when the kids were little - one was born the day before I had an exam. Basically I did a lot of stuff when I was incredibly tired. Looking back I wish I had done less and slept more. So whilst I know the sort of too busy too distracted life Colin describes I don't live it anymore and really wish I had been calmer and more directed earlier. I got a lot done, but, so what?

Oh gosh, no kids yet, although I have a very attention-demanding pug whose playful demeanour costs me at least an hour of decent development time every day!
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

Busy man! I've been watching C++ tutorials on You Tube and electronics. I actually bought the Electornotes series http://electronotes.netfirms.com/free.htm and Music From Outer Space's Make Analog Synths... and wanting to try circuit bending . As well as getting some good pencil drawing and digital art graphics, together to sell, online. I'm thinking, at 49. I 'might not get married :hihi: OH, and beta testing ;)

ePug, thats the name, done and done !
Duh

Nudge nudge

Wa Gwan ?
Amazon: why not use an alternative

Maybe the title of the thread wasn't such a good idea - a self fulfilling prophecy? ;-)

To while away the time, "Tangle", the modular FM synth from the maker of "The Mangle" has a very interesting sequencer and multi-point-envelope built in and nicely designed nodes to play with: http://sound-guru.com/software/tangle/

Cheers,

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
ScreenDream Instagram Mastodon

ThomasHelzle wrote:
Maybe the title of the thread wasn't such a good idea - a self fulfilling prophecy?

no, no, it was a realistic guess!

Don't worry, some extra optimising, noticing something, re writing the whole package another few times, we will be dead as soon as you know it ;)
Duh

maybe he sold it to Behringer

grinzler wrote:maybe he sold it to Behringer
If his website abruptly goes dark and then Logic magically gets a fresh new midi patching environment, I will not be amused.
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

deastman wrote:If his website abruptly goes dark and then Logic magically gets a fresh new midi patching environment, I will not be amused.
Man, don't even joke about it :scared:

deastman wrote:
grinzler wrote:maybe he sold it to Behringer
If his website abruptly goes dark and then Logic magically gets a fresh new midi patching environment, I will not be amused.
:hihi:

No fear: quiet means I'm hard at work, rather than meaning I'm negotiating just how big of a gold statue Apple would need to buy me out. (And the answer, if you're reading Tim, is no less than 8 feet.)
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

colin@loomer wrote:No fear: quiet means I'm hard at work, rather than meaning I'm negotiating just how big of a gold statue Apple would need to buy me out. (And the answer, if you're reading Tim, is no less than 8 feet.)
And now you have tempted fate, you do realise that an 8 foot statue of gold to Apple is like the scratching off your ass hahaha
Duh

Return to “Loomer”