City Lights - More cinematic electronica from Eion Flow

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

An old track that I thought was hopelessly lost after a complete computer meltdown. Found the audio file on an old USB memory, promptly uploaded the WAV to the cloud, then DIY-mastered.

I am really happy with this track. Triton Extreme meets JD-990 meets TX81z, no soft synths. Computer only used for recording and mastering.

Korg Moss in action from 5:49 :D

https://soundcloud.com/eionflow/city-lights

Hope you like it!
Eion Flow: Lush, cinematic electronica from the urban galaxy that is Tokyo, Japan. More on eionflow.com | Facebook | Soundcloud

Sounds really good, I can see why you're happy with it. I am a fan of the drum sounds and programming on here - care to elaborate your process there? Is that the Triton Extreme? At any rate, great track & yes, there's a quality to it that I associate with 'hardware' based music.

Hello phoenstorm, thank you for the kind comment. My apologies for the late reply - cubicle life intervened...

The drums are basically the internal sounds of the Triton Extreme, with a smattering of samples from the Alesis SR16. Because the TE’s sequencer lends itself really well to realtime recording straight from the keyboard, I basically played the drums for each section of the song – so no step programming – to keep the natural dynamics. I did this separately for each verse and chorus etc. to capture subtle differences.

I’m also a fan of barely audible hihats, rides and shakers, panned hard left and right. Again recorded in real time to capture little imperfections etc. Quantization has been mostly kept to the kick and snares, but also at about 70% or so.
Eion Flow: Lush, cinematic electronica from the urban galaxy that is Tokyo, Japan. More on eionflow.com | Facebook | Soundcloud

Return to “Music Cafe”