dark, deep and spacy synth.

If you are new here check this forum first, your question may have been answered.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

recursive one wrote:
Zexila wrote:Think you will enjoy this recursive one. :tu:

http://www.petardundov.com/
Not exactly that vibe, but insteresting stuff, thanks!
Yeah, forget to mention that, but feel you will dig it nonetheless, guy is really great. :tu:

Dimi tri wrote: Btw i just bought a new Mac .. and wanted to download Sylenth 1 (synthetizer) but :

-Sylenth1 is not compatible with ProTools.
-Sylenth1 is not compatible with PowerPC Mac (G4/G5).

Does someone know wtf is that :P ?

I mean did i just spent money for an useless computer ?
Well, I hope you aren't using Pro Tools and you didn't bough G4/G5 Mac, Sylenth should work really. :tu:
ZEXILA :

Ok nice i'll check ZEBRA .. hoping it's works with my mac ..
It should, which Mac is that precisely?
cause aparently "sylenth 1 " for example can't be used with new mac book 15".

Do you maybe know what is going on ?
Strange stuff, I'm using Mac also, don't have any problems with it, expand on it more please, really strange. :?

Which DAW/program for making music are you using?

Wanted to recommend you Sylenth and Hive, so yeah, gonna throw them in bunch, seeing you are already checking out Sylenth, check Hive for sure.

https://www.u-he.com/cms/hive
This entire forum is wading through predictions, opinions, barely formed thoughts, drama, and whining. If you don't enjoy that, why are you here? :D ShawnG

CHAOSWYRM :

No worries, i prefer a clear answer than something else, particulary for the moment cause i know my question are really beginner level and could look a bit funny :P

Well so basicly i can do those sounds with any synth it's just the opions on the synth (minor scales, sparce arpeggios, long attacks on the pads, clever use of reverb) etc that will shape what i'm looking for. And that's called sound design.

So i just have to take a synth and spent time looking for this kind of sounds ? ( i'll try to download dune2 on my mac).

RECURSIVE ONE :

But i have friends that have sylenth 1 on Mac. Why is it not possible for be ?

ROD_ZERO :

Well i though that Mac was the main brand for musci production as i see only mac in artist studio photo.. I didn't really think about it.

The mac is not old, i bought it to day full new.

And i'm not using pro tools, I want to make sylenth1 run with ableton 9 !

Now you tell me all these things, i start to think it was a default message and not a message for my computer particulary.

Btw sorry for my english It might not be perfect :P and thanks anyway for all the answer it helps me a lot.

Dimi tri wrote: Well i though that Mac was the main brand for musci production as i see only mac in artist studio photo.. I didn't really think about it.
And they are in real world, on internet forums not that much, you bought best laptop, if you ever decide to go desktop, by all means, skip Mac and buy yourself nice desktop PC, you use Live, it will work on Windows. :tu:

Can you explain little more about this issue with Sylenth, step by step, so you installed it and you are trying to load it into Live or what?
This entire forum is wading through predictions, opinions, barely formed thoughts, drama, and whining. If you don't enjoy that, why are you here? :D ShawnG

Sylenth works on Mac, both 32 and 64 bit now, I just was not sure about protools.
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

Zexila, no sorry i'm noob in computer i guess it was just a default message but i though it was talking about my computer cause it was in big red letter nvm i'll try again and tell you but i'm sure i was that .

We can go back on the synthe :)

have a nice night everyone !
Last edited by Dimi tri on Thu May 26, 2016 5:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dimi tri wrote: Btw is it bad to talk about craked programs on that forum :P ?
I mean i bought Ableton but maybe cracked plug in ?
that is very much frowned upon around here, and its against forum rules. this guy (a new member like you) got banned for it just yesterday: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=463246

im not going to scold anyone, but be warned...this is a website where devs actively participate and purchase advertising...you will not attract many friends if you talk about pirated software.
ImageImageImage

Yea sorry just saw the rule.

It was just to know. Anyway how i said i bought everything yet.

thanks for the info.

We can go back on synthe ;)

Overall use whatever clicks with you the most, everything mentioned will get the job done, you can't really go wrong with Sylenth, simple and looks easy on the eyes, low CPU usage, great sound, tons of users, sound banks and video tutorials. :tu:

Personally can't get into Zebra, whole experience is really not suiting me, but didn't based my opinion on that, tried to be objective, but if any of my friends asked me, would give them Spire, Sylenth and Hive to choose from, with great accent on first two. :tu:

There is Lennar Digital subforum here,

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=94

If you still can't install Sylenth, ask there.

Yep thanks everyone it was a mistake from me about sylenth1, i installed it now and everything is perfect.

Thank you very much anyway ! have a nice day and good luck for all your prods

recursive one wrote: Sylenth is not made with SE, you are confusing it with Synth 1.
It's written with c++. And has x64 version too if you don't believe ;)

recursive one wrote:
thecontrolcentre wrote: Synth Edit is the problem. Plugins made with SE (such as Sylenth) are PC (windows) only. They are also 32bit only.
Sylenth is not made with SE, you are confusing it with Synth 1.
For the record Synth1 is not SE either, my bad :dog:

CrX4 is good for darker sounds
Nobody, Ever wrote:I have enough plugins.

Zexila wrote:Exactly, taught about Zebra as well, especially HZ, know as a beginner something else would make more sense, but really feel like this will set you really in the mood with amount of presets and overall capability, especially on long run.
+1, Zebra Dark Hz would be an excellent choice for the OP's needs, even for someone who will mostly be using it for presets. FXpansion Cypher 2 will also be a good choice:

https://soundcloud.com/fxpansion/cypher-2-early-demos

I like that main looping synth in the Mastodon video. There are several cool ring mod/fm/am-type sounds in there that sound more like Cypher 2 or Massive to me than Sylenth1.

Razor doesn't specifically sound like anything in those examples but I get the feeling it might be along the lines of what the OP likes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gbuZVcw3ZiM

Okay, thank you very much,betwen Zebra Dark Hz;FXpansion Cypher 2;Massive do you know wich one is the cheaper ? best one for a beginer "?

Return to “Getting Started (AKA What is the best...?)”