Acoustic Samples B5 - Hammond Organ VSTi

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
B-5 Organ

Spitfire31 wrote:On my Hammond M 102, if I wanted sustain, I had to keep the keys pressed… :hihi:

/Joachim
I have used a doorkey to wedge a note down, while playing against the "drone" :).
I did get a life,once...but it was faulty, so I sent it back.

long time ago that could have been matchbook instead.

nordickvr wrote:long time ago that could have been matchbook instead.
(I tried with a cigarette lighter, but it was too wide :P )

Yep... our switchable pedal was set backwards when we coded it... Sorry guys...
There is a fresh new version waiting for you in your account ;) Same version number, it was just a quick fix.

Thanks thysm00!

Thanks thysm00, thanks Acoustic Samples!

thysm00 wrote:Yep... our switchable pedal was set backwards when we coded it... Sorry guys...
There is a fresh new version waiting for you in your account ;) Same version number, it was just a quick fix.
Sustain option is a good thing, but it is a pity that B5 sustain is global. That is, you cannot decide to use sustain only on upper, lower or bass.

I think very few of us want sustain on bass for instance. Or you may want sustain only on a chord, not the solo sound.

Sustain response should be coupled with the the MIDI channel that you are sending CC64 commands, otherwise it is not very usable musically.

--
double

I think you asked this in a support email (i hope i'm not wrong).
I answered that this might depend on the user's usage.
I did not get into technical details as well, but on a real organ, and incidentally in our model, there are 91 frequencies that are common to all 3 manuals.
So having 3 different possibilities of sustain pedal does not make sense in our engine and would be quite complex to set up (and maybe like last time when we added the pedal feature risk creating bugs).
Also this would mean having a different case for when the split mode is in use, for people that want it global, and probably other cases that i'm not thinking of right now...

We have been pretty compliant and added many requested features when we thought they made sense and when many users asked for it, but we are not going to add all of the different pedal possibilities and maybe add a whole panel just for that for one use case, sorry...

Thysm00,

It is my understanding that the new version allows us to defeat preset keys. Please tell me how to do this in UVIWorkstation?

Phil

You are correct.
To avoid the presets, just click on "disable preset keys" in the advanced preferences.

thysm00 wrote:I think you asked this in a support email (i hope i'm not wrong).
I answered that this might depend on the user's usage.
I did not get into technical details as well, but on a real organ, and incidentally in our model, there are 91 frequencies that are common to all 3 manuals.
So having 3 different possibilities of sustain pedal does not make sense in our engine and would be quite complex to set up (and maybe like last time when we added the pedal feature risk creating bugs).
Also this would mean having a different case for when the split mode is in use, for people that want it global, and probably other cases that i'm not thinking of right now...

We have been pretty compliant and added many requested features when we thought they made sense and when many users asked for it, but we are not going to add all of the different pedal possibilities and maybe add a whole panel just for that for one use case, sorry...
Ok, I accept the fact that the way that you built your engine might make chancing the current behavior of sustain pedal difficult. But I expect that you as well would be reasonable to accept the fact that having global sustain on all MIDI channels or nothing is not very flexible solution on a musical standpoint. But anyway cheers to you offering great organ sounds!

Well, as for every choice made, there are pros and cons.
I understand that you might want to have 3 sustain pedals, one per channel/keyboard and i see why it would be useful, but other users (and they seem to be the majority as your report is the only one i got) might prefer one pedal for everything.
This is the eternal "do we add all requested features" question, if we add every feature asked by every customer, our software would have 10 panels and thousands of features. So unless we get many users asking for the same feature (which btw happened for the sustain pedal feature), we won't add it.

thysm00 wrote:Well, as for every choice made, there are pros and cons.
I understand that you might want to have 3 sustain pedals, one per channel/keyboard and i see why it would be useful, but other users (and they seem to be the majority as your report is the only one i got) might prefer one pedal for everything.
This is the eternal "do we add all requested features" question, if we add every feature asked by every customer, our software would have 10 panels and thousands of features. So unless we get many users asking for the same feature (which btw happened for the sustain pedal feature), we won't add it.
No no. I don’t want several pedals. I only want that the message I send via one pedal, shall affect the B5 on the midi channel (upper, lower, bass) that I choose. That is how other wannabe Hammond programs have implemented it and that is the way to go.
I am sorry that you insist that my request is without ground.

(Deleted)
Last edited by vic_france on Wed Jun 15, 2016 9:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Instruments”