Semi-Beginner $100 Synth?

If you are new here check this forum first, your question may have been answered.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Patch_Pachino wrote:My advice would be to buy spire and learn how to use is inside and out cause it can make the majority of sounds that you are hearing nowadays.
I've looked at Spire, as mentioned in the above post, I've mostly decided on Synthmaster.
Nobody, Ever wrote:I have enough plugins.

Get DIVA!!
It's $179, but you'll never regret it!!

Sorry I didn't look thru all comments in this thread. But there is one synth I often use still and it cost only 73.10 USD at the moment, and it is ANA from Sonic Academy. It is not the latest or perhaps coolest synth there is but for most kind of EDM it is very useful, and cheap when looking at value for Money. It is also good for beginners.

https://www.sonicacademy.com/products/ana
Win 10 -64bit, CPU i7-7700K, 32Gb, Focusrite 2i2, FL-studio 20, Studio One 4, Reason 10

zenophilix wrote:I don't think Bazille looks like something I would have a hard time with. I've progressed a bit from the beginner stage just from this thread.
Sorry, but you don't know what you're talking... It's my favorite synth right now and I devote a big chunk of my time to learning and programming sounds with it.

As an example, it usually takes me probably 3-5x more time to get something nice out of this one compared to a subtractive synth. As someone said, it's far from a beginner synth (and quite CPU intensive too).

To my knowledge, an FM synth is not quite the first choice for EDM...

...but demo it anyway and see for yourself. And start from 'Innit'... :hihi:

ford442 wrote:Get DIVA!!
Oh boy... Firstly, the title of the topic is $100, and I've previously stated that I can't go above that. Secondly, as I've previously stated, I'm looking for an all-round synth, not an analogue modeler. Sorry. :?
ATN69 wrote:Sorry I didn't look thru all comments in this thread. But there is one synth I often use still and it cost only 73.10 USD at the moment, and it is ANA from Sonic Academy. It is not the latest or perhaps coolest synth there is but for most kind of EDM it is very useful, and cheap when looking at value for Money. It is also good for beginners.

<span class="skimlinks-unlinked">https://www.sonicacademy.com/products/ana</span>
Might help to look through the more recent ones, I've already 99% decided. :hihi: I'll take a peek at Ana regardless.
e@rs wrote:
zenophilix wrote:I don't think Bazille looks like something I would have a hard time with. I've progressed a bit from the beginner stage just from this thread.
Sorry, but you don't know what you're talking... It's my favorite synth right now and I devote a big chunk of my time to learning and programming sounds with it.

As an example, it usually takes me probably 3-5x more time to get something nice out of this one compared to a subtractive synth. As someone said, it's far from a beginner synth (and quite CPU intensive too).

To my knowledge, an FM synth is not quite the first choice for EDM...

...but demo it anyway and see for yourself. And start from 'Innit'... :hihi:
There's no need to be rude. For all you know, i could download the demo and make the perfect patch in 15 seconds. :lol: Just because something is difficult for you doesn't mean it's the same for everyone else.

I have a six core, 3.5GHz CPU, so I doubt that will be an issue.

That doesn't particularly matter, I still enjoy the sounds that can be produced with FM. Plus, if I can get the CM version by waiting a while, then that's what I'm going to do. :)

zenophilix wrote:There's no need to be rude. For all you know, i could download the demo and make the perfect patch in 15 seconds. :lol: Just because something is difficult for you doesn't mean it's the same for everyone else.
Far from me to be rude, it wasn't my intention at all. :hug:

But did you actually demo Bazille or just generalizing? And I'm damn serious when I ask.

Bazille is indeed not easy to master, but I thought we were talking about Bazille CM which is not that complex as the full version.

zenophilix wrote:
Oh boy... Firstly, the title of the topic is $100, and I've previously stated that I can't go above that. Secondly, as I've previously stated, I'm looking for an all-round synth, not an analogue modeler. Sorry. :?
It's a common reflex on KVR. You could ask for headphone or running shoe recommendations and some people would recommend Diva :roll:

e@rs wrote:
zenophilix wrote:There's no need to be rude. For all you know, i could download the demo and make the perfect patch in 15 seconds. :lol: Just because something is difficult for you doesn't mean it's the same for everyone else.
Far from me to be rude, it wasn't my intention at all. :hug:

But did you actually demo Bazille or just generalizing? And I'm damn serious when I ask.
I haven't demoed it yet, as I'm not interested in purchasing the full version. I am simply saying that's it's rude to assume that I don't have the experience to use it properly.
EnGee wrote:we were talking about Bazille CM which is not that complex as the full version.

fluffy_little_something wrote:
zenophilix wrote:
It's a common reflex on KVR. You could ask for headphone or running shoe recommendations and some people would recommend Diva :roll:
Haha. I had hoped I'd be free of it here. How silly of me. :hihi:

zenophilix wrote:
Diva is good, but have you tried Reaper??

zenophilix wrote:
How is it any different from the Sylenth1 fanbois though ?
:borg:

V0RT3X wrote:
zenophilix wrote:
I seldom see people recommending Sylenth anymore, to the contrary more people recommend not to get it because basically it is outdated crap if it weren't for the hype (I wonder where that is taking place, certainly not on KVR) and zillions of sound sets out there :roll:

V0RT3X wrote:
zenophilix wrote:
One is for noobs, the other for nerds. :P

chk071 wrote:
zenophilix wrote:
Diva is good, but have you tried Reaper??
Er, yeah. Feels a bit odd. :hihi:
V0RT3X wrote:
zenophilix wrote:
I seldom see people recommending Sylenth anymore, to the contrary more people recommend not to get it because basically it is outdated crap if it weren't for the hype (I wonder where that is taking place, certainly not on KVR) and zillions of sound sets out there :roll:
Interesting, I had a few reccomendations for Sylenth early on. :lol:

Return to “Getting Started (AKA What is the best...?)”