Working on improving some classic Karoryfer libraries

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm adding better vibrato, some other controls and a GUI to Karoryfer's two most popular libraries. Posting this here so that if it's not out in a few weeks y'all will know I got lazy.

So, I'm done with these controls for both, also added scripted (well, opcoded, I suppose) legato and portamento.

Now... looping for infinite sustain. I'd have to do it to 250-odd samples, but at least the are one-channel. I should bite the bullet and do it, shouldn't I?

You'd be smoken.

It depends how odd are the samples... Seriously that would be awesome!

OK, OK, there is gonna be infinite looping, at least for the cello. As for the bass, we'll see if my fast loud bows want to loop reasonably smoothly, or if they're too raw and folky.

Well, I got somewhat lazy, I suppose, but 48 of the cello sustain samples are looped now. 88 to go.

The higher velocity layers for the bass will not loop well, the notes are just too short, but I might loop, I dunno, the lower three, and make that an alternate mapping.

There will definitely be no modwheel crossfading between velocity layers, though - there's no way I'm going to phase-align all these samples. Might do a one-layer version with mod wheel mapped to volume and EQ - won't be as realistic but it should be juicy and expressive.

96 cello samples looped, 40 to go...

Grats! Don't go loopy looping.

Way Out Willy!

All cello notes looped now! Next step: see how making a mod wheel volume instrument goes.

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”