Favorite Multi Capable VSTI Instruments

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Just bought Omnisphere 2 and would like to know other synths that have the ability to create multis(with ease) like Omnisphere. Pitch bend +12/-12 and note per channel ability a must.

Cheers
Last edited by lxm on Mon May 30, 2016 10:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sorry for the potentially stupid question, but what is a "multi"?

chk071 wrote:Sorry for the potentially stupid question, but what is a "multi"?
Multi-layered patches with key-split and all...

Oh. Well, Electra2 and Largo come to mind then. Largo definitely allows that, with Electra2, i'm not quite sure about it, but i believe so. It definitely has layers, not sure about keyboard split. Dune 2 also has a layer architecture.

D16 Lush.

chk071 wrote:Oh. Well, Electra2 and Largo come to mind then. Largo definitely allows that, with Electra2, i'm not quite sure about it, but i believe so. It definitely has layers, not sure about keyboard split. Dune 2 also has a layer architecture.
I am probably missing something but I dont see how to setup a multi in Dune 2. Midi channel 1(sound one), Midi channel 2(sound 2) etc

My first thought was UVI Falcon

Most Samplers do this. Kontakt and the others like it. You can layer sounds, assign them to keys, assign inputs and outputs and all of that shit.

Sampletank.

My DAW

I have yet to see any synth have a more elegant solution than Live's instrument racks. I can create any multi I want with any combination of synths and do velocity splits, key splits, blending and I can set it up in 30 seconds.

Waldorf PPG Wave 3.V has up to 8 oarts/layers with adjustable key zones, MIDI channel, panning and other parameters for each part. Also possible to use different audio outputs for each part and route those to multiple audio tracks, each with diffeernt external FXs. You could also route multiple MIDI tracks to it.
Last edited by Ingonator on Tue May 31, 2016 8:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

pdxindy wrote:My DAW

I have yet to see any synth have a more elegant solution than Live's instrument racks. I can create any multi I want with any combination of synths and do velocity splits, key splits, blending and I can set it up in 30 seconds.
This. And that.

ariston wrote:

This. And that.
Strong feature indeed. But the op was also looking to handle multiple midi channels inbound to different layers. And I don't think Live does this yet.

ariston wrote:

This. And that.
For sure .... :tu:

Virsyn Tera 3 (and i think their other synths too).... but the UI is so ugly. Otherwise i would love the synths from them (i love all their iOS apps).
Omnisphere is my favourite since it let me blend between layers via modwheel or other midi cc.
Falcon is great here too and also very felxible.
I don´t like Sample Tank for this because for some reason i can´t set an instrument to omni.
Otherwise....yes a DAW itself is maybe the best option here if you just set each instrument on it´s own channel or you have a midi mono mode (like Logic).

Return to “Instruments”