SSL Duende Native collection - still worth to use them?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Dear folks,

after a very long time I decided to ask something here in the "Effects" section.

I own the SSL Duende Native collection (8 of 10 Plugins).

Are they still up-to-date quality wise or are they obsolete already?

You would hold them or you would sell them?

Best,

b-pole
#PassionForHappiness

No reply on kvr regarding this topic? :o
#PassionForHappiness

they are almost ALL wonderful plugins, except for the silly overpriced phase thing.

Bus comp, channel, drum strip, reverb, x saturator, vocal strip - all fantastic.

10 band EQ has been surpassed with proQ, Acon, DMG and TB Pro audio.

The x comp and valve comp are worthy, but not essential.

Overall, i still find them outstanding, low cpu plugins, and i myself will continue to invest in them as sales occur.

Which 8 do you own, and are they all tied to one bundle license or separate? Perhaps if there are a couple you don't want i could take them from you.(as in buy them).

Out of those plugins, Channelstrip, X-Comp, X-EQ, X-Saturator and X-Verb are my go to.

Maybe there are more "character" type of alternatives that sound preferable to some, but to me they are excellent set of tools. What keeps me using those plugins is that they are sonically well coded, meaning they don't degrade sound compared to other plugins. And they aren't the emulation of classic hardware except the channelstrip and buss comp.

So I would of course hold them as I've learned them in depth, but your case may be different if you have better alternatives that you reach for more often in your plugin folder. The thing is SSL Duende plugins are not for those that want "analogue mojo" but for those seek for fine digital processing to enhance sonic quality without heavily taxing CPU.

Having said that, I wouldn't buy them in full retail price. They are way overpriced in this day and age when there are great bang for buck competitors such as Valhalla, Klanghelm or even Metric Halo Production Bundle.

I so wished they were more affordable at the time. I ended up going with a cheaper alternative in the end.

Decided to sell them all, will only hold the Channel Strip and Bus Compressor.

If anybody would be interested please contact me, I will give them away for a bargain compared with the original price.
#PassionForHappiness

Good plugins no doubt... I sold them all tho'.

Plenty of more affordable plugins out there and just as good imo.
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

Return to “Effects”