Cakewalk: "Big announcements coming June 1st, 2016"

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

SJ_Digriz wrote:
Unfocused wrote: Well, I hope so. I paid my year subscription for PLATINUM on 12/27/2015. I guess because i was a few days early, I am not seeing the deal (yet?). I reached out to Cakewalk via two methods and still have heard nothing back from them about it.
The email/offer was only for those that did the original AND the extension in 2016. Simply because they those people had paid twice.
I missed that tidbit of info. Now that makes sense. Still, for $198, lifetime subscription seems worth it. I'd definitely jump on that offer.

-u
"I guess one person can make a difference, but most of the time they probably shouldn't." -M. Simpson

Unfocused wrote: I missed that tidbit of info. Now that makes sense. Still, for $198, lifetime subscription seems worth it. I'd definitely jump on that offer.
-u
No flame intended, just a comment but everyone seems to miss that bit, even though it was stated about every 10 or so posts on the cakes forum. Eventually folks just gave up. About 90% of the people having a hissy aren't even the target of the deal. And all of that because 1 idiot posted an email where the email said "don't share this email".

In the end Cakewalk screwed the pooch on their communications. But, people WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY over-react to these things. "I guess my 15 years of using X1 lite doesn't make me a loyal customer, guess its time to shop for a new DAW" type posts.
If you have to ask, you can't afford the answer

Unfocused wrote: Now that makes sense. Still, for $198, lifetime subscription seems worth it. I'd definitely jump on that offer.
-u
Right, the $99 is just a prorated price for those that already bought into the current year subscription. The resulting final cost will be the same for everyone.

And yes, $200 for lifetime updates is a good deal as long as they continue to provide significant updates for a couple of years. I'm one of those that found the last 3 updates to virtually useless and of no value at all. I mean Themes is a feature? Lite versions of 3rd party apps is a feature? Minor rant over :lol:

Another caveat people missed is this is just for Platinum users. You would be surprised how many X3 LE and basic users there were bitching about not getting the upgrade offer email.

Do these 'lifetime updates' include the features they release for the subscribers, or is it only bugfixes and such?

I've gotten mixed messages about this.

Robert Randolph wrote:Do these 'lifetime updates' include the features they release for the subscribers, or is it only bugfixes and such?

I've gotten mixed messages about this.
it is the same as subscribing

SJ_Digriz wrote:
Unfocused wrote:

Another caveat people missed is this is just for Platinum users. You would be surprised how many X3 LE and basic users there were bitching about not getting the upgrade offer email.
Noel Borthwick just stated today that there will be an offer for those on X3 to upgrade to Platinum AND the lifetime deal coming soon

http://forum.cakewalk.com/FindPost/3424527

So keep an eye out for the June 1 announcements for more details on what is going on.
Say NO to CLAP!

Stop press, they gonna launch Music Creator 8 tomorrow :o

They are going to answer emails sent to support?

They are going to fix bugs?
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Aloysius wrote:They are going to answer emails sent to support?

They are going to fix bugs?
:lol:
No auto tune...

Are the "Huge announcements" going to be made tonight at midnight EST?

They have officially changed from "Huge" to "Big" if you check the thread title :)
Say NO to CLAP!

It's not a big deal!
Last edited by Kalamata Kid on Wed Jun 01, 2016 2:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Will there be a countdown and a New Years Times Square ball?
Will there be any fireworks?
Will there be any ooooooooo's and aaaaaaaaa's?

Beatscape 2?
Even if the piano player can't play, keep the party going.
http://www.soundclick.com/mumpcake
https://mumpfucious.wordpress.com/

FFS there is less than 11 hours of June 1 to go!

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”