Synthmaster Skins/Question about Online Presets

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm about to purchase Synthmaster, but one thing still has me confused... I've checked out the GUI Editor and, frankly, I'm blown away at what you can do with it. So, with this in mind...

Why can't I find any custom skins?

Even the example skin shown in the editor on page 9 of the manual is very cool looking, and it would be awesome to have that be downloadable. Is there a super secret SkinVault 9001 that opens when I purchase the synth, or what? I'm so confused... :?

One other thing I'm curious about is if there is a way to permanently download online presets to my computer and add them to the main browser. Every time I switch to an online preset, it takes a moment to download, and I can't access them at all when my internet goes out.
Edit: Figured out that I can just double click. Don't suppose there's a way to download them in bulk? :P
Nobody, Ever wrote:I have enough plugins.

There is no skin shown on page 9 of the manual. The skins shown in the editor on page 12 are available, even in the demo I believe. According to several here, skinning this thing is very difficult. This one from satYatunes is the best:

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 1&t=451375

thejonsolo wrote:There is no skin shown on page 9 of the manual. The skins shown in the editor on page 12 are available, even in the demo I believe. According to several here, skinning this thing is very difficult. This one from satYatunes is the best:

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 1&t=451375
Um, not sure what you're talking about...

I must also recommend satYatunes! Tranquil Blue is a fantastic skin, and it's quite cheap. Do know that it hasn't been updated for use with 2.8 yet, but it will be soon.
Free BassTables for Xfer Serum 1 | 2
2016 Synthmaster Song Contest Winner Presets

zenophilix wrote:Um, not sure what you're talking about...
Look at the top, that's the Manual for version 2.6. You're 2 manuals out-of-date, the latest one is 2.8.

The current version comes packaged with 4 different similar-layout skins, plus some for the Player version of SM. Not sure how you would get the one shown in your pic, but it's probably non-functional anyways with the recent updates.

AJYoung wrote:
zenophilix wrote:Um, not sure what you're talking about...
Look at the top, that's the Manual for version 2.6. You're 2 manuals out-of-date, the latest one is 2.8.

The current version comes packaged with 4 different similar-layout skins, plus some for the Player version of SM. Not sure how you would get the one shown in your pic, but it's probably non-functional anyways with the recent updates.
Oh. I wasn't aware a 2.8 manual even existed yet.
AJYoung wrote:I must also recommend satYatunes! Tranquil Blue is a fantastic skin, and it's quite cheap. Do know that it hasn't been updated for use with 2.8 yet, but it will be soon.
Personally, I'm not a fan of it, and I feel strange about paying $10 for a skin. Maybe I still haven't quite grasped how much work it takes to skin the whole thing. :P Are there any other skins out there, or should I stop looking?

I don't honestly know. I went on this same search a few months ago, actually. The only full-fledged, up-to-date skin I could find was Tranquil Blue, and I really like it.

You could demo it and check out the skins that come packaged. See if you like one of those. Blue, Yellow, and default Green you can see on the product page.

zenophilix wrote:I feel strange about paying $10 for a skin.
You're obviously not a fan of league of legends or heroes of the storm :D

Lejurai wrote:
You're obviously not a fan of league of legends or heroes of the storm :D
Never played them. :lol:
AJYoung wrote:You could demo it and check out the skins that come packaged. See if you like one of those. Blue, Yellow, and default Green you can see on the [url=<span class="skimlinks-unlinked">http://www.kvraudio.com/product/synthma ... ails</span>]product page[/url].
Yeah, I've demoed it extensively, I was more referring to things beyond just changing the color. :P

Me too.
$4.99 and I'd get it but $10 is too steep for a skin IMO.

There is a GUI editor but it is quite involved and I could never get mine to actually work on Windows 10 (it never opens).

thejonsolo wrote:There is a GUI editor but it is quite involved and I could never get mine to actually work on Windows 10 (it never opens).
I'm aware of the GUI editor...

thejonsolo wrote:I could never get mine to actually work on Windows 10 (it never opens).
Same here. Tried to fiddle with it but it crashes before even opening :P

Return to “Instruments”