Hardware vs software synths take infinity : topic initial focus Andromeda A6

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Nah, A6 sounds like shit. CS80 or die.-
dedication to flying

Nothing sounds like a giant pipe organ.
I mean i could imagine to play such an analog synth and get goosebumps for a moment....or i just buy a car :D

Cinebient wrote: To play such an analog synth and get goosebumps for a moment....or i just buy a car :D
Given such a choise I'd go for the former. Cars are boring, I already have one.
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

recursive one wrote:
Cinebient wrote: To play such an analog synth and get goosebumps for a moment....or i just buy a car :D
Given such a choise I'd go for the former. Cars are boring, I already have one.
But the synth doesn't take me to work....but at least it will take me where i feel good :hihi:
But a fast bicycle can create goosebumps too....and bad things of course too beyond 300 km/h

Cinebient wrote:But the synth doesn't take me to work....
You need to think about it a bit harder.

:D

Numanoid wrote:
Elektronisch wrote:Well why do you think its fake? whats wrong with promoting a soundbank by comparisom?
So did I get pelted with stones when suggestion Shortnoise as a free alternative to Lethal? :roll:

Then it was not OK, now it is OK suddenly.
I stated my opinion, plus it was nothing at all similar to what Lethal offered. Maybe by text.

chk071 wrote:
Elektronisch wrote:
chk071 wrote:
Elektronisch wrote:
TheoM wrote:
sqigls wrote:yeah it's the boss.
i'm not into comparing shit though, it's a waste of time.
This box of capacitors is good for this sound, that one is good for that sound.
Just use whatever you want to make some flipping music, or mass-debate the topic over and over, missing the point.

All of reality is digital, analog is digital, we just don't have high enough resolution algorithm at this moment in time that matches the analog sound. or however the science wordy stuff goes.
on, off, on, on, off
electrical signals interpreted by the brain.

sorry Theo, if you need me, i'll be back under that rock over there.
Good luck in your search, it's a fecking HEAVY beast. Like 30kg or something.
Not for gigging :P

I never gig man. I am a home studio guy.

I get the pointless point (hehe)..

BUT.. there are so many people here that for example state diva sounds as good as any hardware.. so i want proof for once.. All i have ever seen are the raw square and sine waves for example being shown, but i want patches that sound as good. THAT's the proof to me. I am not trolling btw, i never intend to do anything like that, so please note everyone reading this, this topic is a genuine as can be. I would LOVE for someone to show me ANY vst, sampled or algorithmic sounding as good, so i can put a sock in my mouth about it all. Really. I love to be proven wrong.
You want proof?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1QONS0iE5ho
As has been argued to death, that's no proof, just a well made fake test to promote a soundset, and the used synth.
First of all what does it make no proof? the guy asked that want patches that sound good.

Well why do you think its fake? whats wrong with promoting a soundbank by comparisom?
Give me a hardware synth, and a similar software synth, and i'll create a A/B sound test in which i add some noise to the soft synth, to make it sound more analog, add some instability, and other stuff which is present in the analog synth, and i won't have a problem to make the one or the other sound "better". It's really no problem. And the guy surely had an interest to promote his soundset, don't you think? How very counterproductive would it have been if his patches weren't close to analog sounds. The test was not only biased, it wasn't a test at all. A test is made by non-biased person, who don't want to prove somthing, but want to let people decide, which sounds better, more analog or whatever. The truth is though, such a test is impossible. What do you want to do, add noise and instability to the soft synth, and thereby alter it's general and original sound? That's cheating already. A soft synth doesn't have, or need noise in the signal path. And it does not have, or need instability in the oscillators, or some non-linearities in the filter. It's all fake, and cheat, therefor a comparison is never fair.
If that is cheating, that means Andromeda is cheating by adding that awesome reverb. Also people who show the presets also cheating as theyr intention to show how awesome it sounds.

I dont find a problem that the guy wanted to make sound as good as possible. The core sound is there, so its not fake. Fake would be if those patches wouldnt been comming from Diva, but they are and they sound great nevertheless.

It is cheating if you need to make up for the "flaws" an analog synth has, by adding artificial stuff to the audio signal, which wouldn't be there in the first place. As simple as that. :shrug: That's also why there will never be a fair A/B test. It's just not possible.

TheoM wrote:
Elektronisch wrote:
TheoM wrote:
sqigls wrote:yeah it's the boss.
i'm not into comparing shit though, it's a waste of time.
This box of capacitors is good for this sound, that one is good for that sound.
Just use whatever you want to make some flipping music, or mass-debate the topic over and over, missing the point.

All of reality is digital, analog is digital, we just don't have high enough resolution algorithm at this moment in time that matches the analog sound. or however the science wordy stuff goes.
on, off, on, on, off
electrical signals interpreted by the brain.

sorry Theo, if you need me, i'll be back under that rock over there.
Good luck in your search, it's a fecking HEAVY beast. Like 30kg or something.
Not for gigging :P

I never gig man. I am a home studio guy.

I get the pointless point (hehe)..

BUT.. there are so many people here that for example state diva sounds as good as any hardware.. so i want proof for once.. All i have ever seen are the raw square and sine waves for example being shown, but i want patches that sound as good. THAT's the proof to me. I am not trolling btw, i never intend to do anything like that, so please note everyone reading this, this topic is a genuine as can be. I would LOVE for someone to show me ANY vst, sampled or algorithmic sounding as good, so i can put a sock in my mouth about it all. Really. I love to be proven wrong.
You want proof?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1QONS0iE5ho

:lol:
TheoM i do think this topic is more personal one and subjective and to be honest it deserve to be locked. It just doesnt go anywhere.

For me personaly Adromeda did sounded awesome years ago. When i listen to the demos that blew me away, they dont sound that great anymore.

So its kind of pointless discussion (like alot of kvr members start...some members really need to go out more and take a breath of air rather than be locked inside own mind) you have started.

U-He ace to me sound as good as Andromeda.

Yeah i dont care
Last edited by Elektronisch on Tue May 31, 2016 8:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Don't care? Then move along.
:borg:

BTW still about that Solaris strings patch linked on page 2.
Looking at the panel settings, i see that the patch has 4 oscillators, the oscillator shape is "Jaws" which most probably is just a normal supersaw, then a 24dB filter with some resonance.
It is also nicely panned in stereo field.
I guess it could be replicated not just with Xhip, but with any 2 oscillator soft synth if you spawn a 2nd instance and set the detune and LFO speed differently there.
Nothing magic about it.
[====[\\\\\\\\]>------,

Ay caramba !

Imagine a world where we share our feelings about things without ragging on each other in the process.

Eh, but who am I kidding?

I'm gonna go make me some music.

I always wanted an Andromeda

Just listened to some of the sound demos in this thread, and i must admit, i'm not overly impressed. Sounds good, but i heard better sounding analogs, to my ears. Oberheim comes to mind. Also most of the Moog synths. But each to his like ofc. In the demo video of Mr. Ujiie, it's mainly the patches which are cool IMO. And his playing of course.

Edit: Ok, i take that back, some really nice stuff in the sound demos. :) I like the "spaceyness" of the sound. Not quite like the typical analog, rather has something of a VA feeling, if that makes sense. At least that's the impression i get from most of the sounds.
Last edited by chk071 on Tue May 31, 2016 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Instruments”