Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 New#KVRDeals
himalaya
KVRAF

4420 posts since 23 Mar, 2006, from pendeLondonmonium

Postby himalaya; Mon Jun 13, 2016 12:57 pm Hi Tremor, can you kick it?

"Yes I can !" - said Tremor

So, that was the sort of conversation I had a long time ago with Tremor. I thought, why listen to people whether Tremor can 'kick' or not. Let's ask Tremor and find out. Tremor spoke to me in sounds (it could be the beginning of a new religion, speaking in sounds, err, I mean tongues... no sounds actually):

https://soundcloud.com/electric-himalay ... e-patterns

Anyway, so what do you think? Can Tremor kick?
Is it only a Tremolando, or a real involuntary, powerful rhythmic movement? A kick up the backside?
:D :ud:

(don't kick me, be gentle)
http://www.electric-himalaya.com
VSTi and hardware synth sound design
Boardwalk
Banned

Postby Boardwalk; Mon Jun 13, 2016 1:30 pm Re: Hi Tremor, can you kick it?

Sure is on my drum radar :)
masterhiggins
KVRAF

1671 posts since 30 Dec, 2004, from People's Republic of Minnesota

Postby masterhiggins; Mon Jun 13, 2016 1:44 pm Re: Hi Tremor, can you kick it?

Are you selling it or just showing off? :)
himalaya
KVRAF

Postby himalaya; Mon Jun 13, 2016 11:43 pm Re: Hi Tremor, can you kick it?

Hey
Just trying to find out if people find these kicks usable or not. At least from listening to these demos. I think some kicks are tuned too high and have a tad too long envelope decay, but that's to provide some variation in the demo patterns.
masterhiggins
KVRAF

Postby masterhiggins; Tue Jun 14, 2016 12:08 am Re: Hi Tremor, can you kick it?

Some of them sound great. Actually most of them I liked quite a bit. The house ones aren't my favs. Too blunt of an attack for my paricular taste. The trap ones sounded very heartbeat-like, which is great. The decay on some were a tad bit long but I didn't mind the high tuning. A crisp attack is the most important for me.

Great work. I'd pay for those sounds. :)
Ohlson_M
KVRist

59 posts since 20 May, 2016

Postby Ohlson_M; Tue Jun 14, 2016 1:09 am Re: Hi Tremor, can you kick it?

Tremor is absolutely amazing at what it does. I haven´t found any real use of it´s kick drums in my own loops, but the percussion sounds, especially the toms, are extremely useful to me.
phoenstorm
KVRist

191 posts since 16 May, 2010

Postby phoenstorm; Tue Jun 14, 2016 2:03 am Re: Hi Tremor, can you kick it?

Tremor is just so tantalizing...and to start with, yes, I think these kicks sound great. Respect, my attempts at synthesizing my own patches in Tremor invariably lead into interesting territory, but only rarely into the lands of fat, boom, & wow :clap:
and then, there's this utopian feature request from long long ago when people thought about the possibility of integrating Tremor in the Geist environment. I still think easily grabbing sounds straight out of tremor for layering in Geist would be sooo cool :). I know, I know the process is simple enough...print tremor loop, resample in geist, process, layer, done. But still...something about these programs...very complex in their own right, I always shy away from that route. To return to your kicks, I like them a lot!
Ohlson_M
KVRist

59 posts since 20 May, 2016

Postby Ohlson_M; Tue Jun 14, 2016 5:21 am Re: Hi Tremor, can you kick it?

Tremor is not just an amazing step sequencer, it´s synthesis engine is really good.
Kinh
KVRian

902 posts since 25 Aug, 2012

Postby Kinh; Tue Jun 14, 2016 6:52 am Re: Hi Tremor, can you kick it?

Shit, i dont see the reasoning behind this. You can do everything it can do in Ableton.
masterhiggins
KVRAF

Postby masterhiggins; Tue Jun 14, 2016 7:19 am Re: Hi Tremor, can you kick it?

Kinh wrote:Shit, i dont see the reasoning behind this. You can do everything it can do in Ableton.

Not everyone uses or likes ableton live. Not to mention live is a bloated mess.
zerocrossing
KVRAF

9071 posts since 26 Jun, 2006, from San Francisco Bay Area

Postby zerocrossing; Tue Jun 14, 2016 7:33 am Re: Hi Tremor, can you kick it?

Kinh wrote:Shit, i dont see the reasoning behind this. You can do everything it can do in Ableton.

Uh... no. Not even close actually. You might want to play around with the Tremor demo before you spout such falsehoods in public forums.

Tremor is great, but, IMO, it suffers a bit from being a little too different a tool compared to other drum synthesis engines. It took me a long time to figure out how to bend it to my will. It also seems to come with a lot of unflattering presets that lean on FXpansion's idea of overdriving the filter stage, which frankly isn't always my favorite. Lots of compression going on too, which isn't how I like to work, but it's easy enough to either start from scratch or tweak a preset instrument/kit until you get something great. I'm also a sucker for a polyrhythmic sequencer, which for sure is harder to implement in Live.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~
himalaya
KVRAF

Postby himalaya; Tue Jun 14, 2016 1:31 pm Re: Hi Tremor, can you kick it?

Hi zerocrossing
These sounds are designed to expand on the factory presets by offering a more commercial, polished sound. It's all about highly practical sounds and patterns, at least in their respective genres.
masterhiggins
KVRAF

Postby masterhiggins; Tue Jun 14, 2016 6:18 pm Re: Hi Tremor, can you kick it?

Picked them up. Wow these sounds really make the factory ones sound awful in comparison. Fxpansion really needs to incorporate/license some of these from you. It really shows off how "classic" it can sound. Congrats. :)
zlatan
KVRist

190 posts since 20 Feb, 2005

Postby zlatan; Tue Jun 14, 2016 7:56 pm Re: Hi Tremor, can you kick it?

Tremor is great and the TECHNØ sounds/beats it's capable of doing is amazing!
stillshaded
KVRian

658 posts since 18 Apr, 2011

Postby stillshaded; Tue Jun 14, 2016 8:18 pm Re: Hi Tremor, can you kick it?

zerocrossing wrote:

Uh... no. Not even close actually. You might want to play around with the Tremor demo before you spout such falsehoods in public forums.

Tremor is great, but, IMO, it suffers a bit from being a little too different a tool compared to other drum synthesis engines. It took me a long time to figure out how to bend it to my will. It also seems to come with a lot of unflattering presets that lean on FXpansion's idea of overdriving the filter stage, which frankly isn't always my favorite. Lots of compression going on too, which isn't how I like to work, but it's easy enough to either start from scratch or tweak a preset instrument/kit until you get something great. I'm also a sucker for a polyrhythmic sequencer, which for sure is harder to implement in Live.

I agree with all of this. What's the deal with Fxpansion and too much distortion? I reckon they are just trying to show off their saturation algroithms, which are really excellent.

This drum machine is amazing. Not only are the components really excellent sounding, but the transmod system is super great. Tremor does have a particular sound though, and I suppose not everyone will be into it, but I enjoy it quite a bit.
Next

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Soundware