MuLab and Drum Mystery?

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello,

I'm a happy MuLab beginner user. In this post I would like to collect info on HOW TO INTEGRATE drum loops into ML projects. The support did not answer directly, instead it asked me to write on the forum in order to share info with the community.

I do not think I'm the only one with the need to have a drum sample archive available to drop into the composition, so I ask the community how other happy ML users manage their drum archive.

Drum clips are made using MuDrum, and if I'm not wrong, drum loops that you can find online are often made using REX format.

Do you use REX loops?
Do you user other loop format?
Do you compose them one by one using MuDrum
Can I import REX into MuDrum?
Do I have to use REX with MuSampla?

I really thank you for any suggestion.

I also ask the official support to evaluate the idea of increasing the ML docs, I found them too minimal for a beginner use.

Thanks a lot! Good composition!

Mario

Hello and welcome to the community :)
I use only wav loops but usually I prefer to build my drum loop from scratch with mudrum,that's just a personal choice.
Mudrum does not support rex files but you can use the rex loop (or any loop)in multisampla,
check out this video to get an overview
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LxOVq-IU_wM

Thanks for your kind reply. I watched the video and experimented with some wav files (not all of them get imported correctly).

My intention is to have an easy way to test a drum loop and song or practise over it with other instruments. So for me a fast approach is important. The slicing process is really interesting but initialliy I would like to spend more time playing instrument and less time on programming the DAW.

I also tryed Mdrummer, the idea is to have a fast way to drop samples and variations of samples.

I think I'll dive into MuSampla rex loops.

Any other hint?

Thanks!
Taifunk wrote:Hello and welcome to the community :)
I use only wav loops but usually I prefer to build my drum loop from scratch with mudrum,that's just a personal choice.
Mudrum does not support rex files but you can use the rex loop (or any loop)in multisampla,
check out this video to get an overview

You're welcome!
Instead of using audio loops you can also make a good GM drumkit in multisampla(there is also an example in the factory library) and maybe looking for a good midi loop library,there are many on the web (also freeware).
If you are interested in a specific plugin,look here http://www.powerdrumkit.com/
is very simple,is free and it works great in mulab.

I really want to thank you Taifunk, now for me it's time to study on ML loops!

Hopefully I will share with you my results.

Mario

Taifunk wrote:You're welcome!
Instead of using audio loops you can also make a good GM drumkit in multisampla(there is also an example in the factory library) and maybe looking for a good midi loop library,there are many on the web (also freeware).
If you are interested in a specific plugin,look here http://www.powerdrumkit.com/
is very simple,is free and it works great in mulab.

myper wrote:I really want to thank you Taifunk, now for me it's time to study on ML loops!

Mario
Thanks! :tu:
and if you need help we are here :)

Hello, finally I decided to buy EZDrummer2 because it is just what I need!

I evaluated EZDrummer and Addictive Drums, but in the end EZDrummer is perfect for a begginer user as I am.

Thanks to everybody!

Mario
Taifunk wrote:
myper wrote:I really want to thank you Taifunk, now for me it's time to study on ML loops!

Mario
Thanks! :tu:
and if you need help we are here :)

Return to “MUTOOLS”