"Slumbering Giant" - made with Evolution Dracus - Progressive Rock/Metal

Official support for: orangetreesamples.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello all. Here's a little progressive rock/metal track I cooked up using Evolution Dracus (formerly Banshee) I thought you all might enjoy. I'd be happy to answer any questions about the track or the setup if you're interested. A list of the instruments I used:

Guitars are all Evolution Dracus
Bass is Prominy's SR5 Rock Bass
Amplitube 3 amp/cab simulation
Steven Slate Drums
Impact Soundworks Pearl piano
FL Studio and effects

https://soundcloud.com/audiosupernova/slumbering-giant

cool!

"I'd be happy to answer any questions about the track or the setup if you're interested . ."

Bro, I've got this BAAAAD feeling I'm gonna make you regret those words!!!

Seriously, here we go; did you record this from your sequencer or play it live on a midi keyboard or do you use one of those midi guitars? My biggest question is if you in fact wrote all of the guitar parts in a sequencer; which DAW are you using, what BPM did you write it at, and what size/how long did you draw/make your notes in your sequencer? (whoops, thats 3 questions!)

I'm a 'analog' guitar player since I was 13, I've aquired my share of skills and chops over the decades, but there is just no way I am capable of, nor really want to commit the time learning how to play a midi keyboard like an actual guitar. I was wondering if you do play live into your DAW if you've ever used one of the midi guitars that have recently appeared. (Aren't they also called 'k-tars'?)

Any help for an aging rocker would be much appreciated and help immeasurably. :)

I wrote all these guitar parts in the sequencer, by playing notes in my midi keyboard to identify notes that I liked, then laying them out manually by hand.

I'm using FL Studio 12.

130 BPM.

Note layout for the intro riff:

I've never used a keytar, but I have done some live recording of guitar parts using my midi keyboard, but never without eventually editing what I recorded. I'm not a good enough pianist to perfectly play just about anything. Sorry I took so long to answer, I forgot to come back and see if anyone actually responded. Glad you like the track!

Return to “Orange Tree Samples”