Discussion about: tracktion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

this needs to be in the next update

much more colour options for channels and audioclips etc

Gray levels too please.

I don't agree.
Do you wanna make music, or paint by numbers?
:=

Paint by numbers. Feel free to request the features you would like.

For me...
1 - The surface controller overlay color is so faint I can't see it in the new scheme. Frankly I want gray anyway to affect the white level, not a third color. I already have track colors and clip colors to deal with. I don't need yet another color in the mix.
2 - I would have much less trouble focusing on the midi notes if the colors were not so saturated on an already brightly colored clip. 90% of the time I don't even want or need clip colors. I would be fine with a shade of gray, but occasionally color options come in handy to rate, visually tag tracks, or place them in groups.
3 - I love all the basic colors in the new scheme. I just want to be able to tweak the colors found in the color pallets. Surely allowing the user the ability to chose the colors in existing pallets is not a big deal. How long would it take to allow the user to option click on a pallet color and have a simple popup menu with a color picker in it appear?
4 - I like the "X" in the track color pallet, how about have that in the clip pallet. There is plenty of room for an "X" and few more colors, even at the smallest allowable window size.
5 - Once you add the "X" in the control surface color selection, you could do away with the toggle "Colour Selection" button.
6 - If all the pallets worked the same way, it would add consistency to the interface.

Add "X" and four levels of gray, let a guy swap colors if he doesn't care for the current colors (tint, saturation, alpha levels) and there - you're done. I won't ask for any other schemes. Maybe someone else wants or needs to be able to skin the whole gui, but for me, all I want is the ability to choose the colors from which I get to choose.

phledo wrote:I don't agree.
Do you wanna make music, or paint by numbers?
:=

well make music,but more colours will help have things more organized

Return to “Tracktion”