Distance control for Leslie speaker

Official support for: acousticsamples.net
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi

I recently got the B5 and it sounds great. However, there seems to be a problem with the distance control, it only affects the sound if you turn it while playing and not in a fixed position. Is there a fix for this or is it possible to get the version without the distance control (the knob does not appear in the acousticsample promotion video)? To my ears the sound is much better, more detailed and accurate when fiddling the control while playing.

There is a bug, but I don't think it's what you think it is. The distance nob is very subtle, if you turn it to extremes you can hear it. However, while it's being turned, I believe it disengages the amp sim altogether, and what you're hearing is a dry, "DI"ed sound, though it's still stereo, so there must be some processing going on, but it definitely sounds like the bulk of the amp model is taken out.

This freaked me out too! Is it possible to fix this? I'm guessing it uses convolution so the answer is probably no.
My progressive rock band - free demos here!! (and if you do listen please let me know what you think!) http://www.aeonsatori.com/news/free-downloads

Return to “AcousticsampleS”