Does T 7 now work with the AIR Instruments/Effects that failes scanning in 5/6 ?

Discussion about: tracktion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

got the Air instrument pack these days in realized a lot of the content (xpand2, the riser, lot of effects....) wont get scanned in T 6 and so could not be used.

Does anyone know if there is a solution and that they will work in T 7 ?

Or maybe a workaround/solution for T 6 ?

I have written to the AIR support but I could imagine the answer (......ask the developer of your daw....)

Kind regards,

Richard

XPand 2 has always worked in Tracktion for me, same with Hybrid and Loom, is this a Windows problem?

Hi amused,

thanks for the answer had not thought in that direction. I am on win 7, 64 bit, Tracktion 6 is 64 bit too. So it works with no problems on your mac ? What I really dont understand that some of the instruments (transfuser, strike) work but xpand2 and the riser I have tried several times (with starting pc new and evrything), no chance, the scan just stops as soon as it coms to scanning these, same with some of the effects. They all work with no problem in mulab 64 bit on same machine :roll: but I just need them in Tracktion....

have you tried to drag and drop the plugin dll onto the pluginlist in tracktion?
this has helped me sometimes, when scanning refused to take a plugin.

Another thing you can try if all else fails, is to use Tracktion 4 to scan them in. Tracktion 4 is 64 bit
and quite a bit less picky when it comes to plugin scanning. Since they use the same configuration file, T7
will load them without question. At least I assume so, I haven't done this since Tracktion 6.
I have done it many times for plugins that Tracktion wouldn't pick up on in the past though, without any
problems. The Riser from Air included. They will load fine, but doing a new scan with T7 will drop them
again and you'll have to repeat the process.

!!**There is one thing that you must remember to do first though: make sure to close all your edits in T7
before attempting the scan, and absolutely do not open any T7 project files with T4 or vice versa, doing
so will make it impossible to open them in their originating version of Tracktion**!!

A pain, but a handy work around to know...

-Cheers and good luck...

Hi klangbastler and pekbro,

thank you a lot for your hints,

drag and drop I have tried now, it ist a nice idea which was new for me. But :cry: wont work for the air instruments (xpand2, the riser).

pekbro, I have not installed T 4 actually but maybe will give it a try. At least I know that it wont make no sense to upgrade to T 7 cause it is the same mess then with T 6.

And to interprete no answer from any official Tracktion support in hear clears if they ever will bugfix this: NO

What leaves the question: who is the strange foreigner, Tracktion or AIR.....

Pekbro: :hail: :tu: :clap:

That worked wonderful :D

Must only remember NOT to scan in T 6 again

Could that be SO hard to fix for the Tracktion team ? I mean it already WORKED :dog:

I haven't had to do that since upgrading to T7, so maybe they addressed that already.
So far, I've only had problems with VST 3 in T7.

Unfortunately, I only have the one air plugin so I cant say for sure.

I'm glad you got it going tho, I would think it should work in T7 as well if need be.
Worth a try at least, if your considering T7.

-Cheers

IIRC the problem with AIR plugins is that they fail to scan when scanned from a separate process. We introduced this in T5 to stop plugins which crash during the scan from bringing down Tracktion completely.

We did however recently add some options to the plugin scan in T7 to make this "same process scanning" possible again to hopefully get around these troublesome plugins. Look for the "Plugin scanning options" button on the "Plugins" settings page.

I did try to contact AIR to see if we could get this working without having to scan in the same process but I never heard back from them.

Return to “Tracktion”