One Synth Challenge #88: TAL-NoiseMaker (Mac/PC) (z.prime wins!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
TAL-NoiseMaker

H-man wrote:
wagtunes wrote:
ThePresent wrote:Hi there, just updated my mix:

https://soundcloud.com/thepresentmusic/ ... pasadena-1
No more calls folks. We have a winner.

Best OSC entry I've heard since I've been here.

You sir, are a genius.
Just so you know Waggs this is not the first time TPM has pulled out a "full band" track. Fancy some blues-rock?

https://soundcloud.com/thepresentmusic/thepresent-wicky

And can you believe this wasn't even enough to win it!?! IIRC Photonic pulled out an absolute blinder to take line honors that month.

https://soundcloud.com/photonic-1/photonic-show-down

So much amazing music in the OSC archives :phones:
Okay, I get it. I need to leave the OSCs to the guys with real talent.

These were absolutely amazing.

Officially retired.

OK ... kinder to the ears now! Better???
dB

wagtunes wrote: Officially retired.
Why? You're on a good track with your current submission. Stick to a style you love.

ThePresent wrote:
wagtunes wrote: Officially retired.
Why? You're on a good track with your current submission. Stick to a style you love.
Thanks, but you know what? I finally get why I'm near the bottom of the rankings each month. I don't have that kind of talent. I never will. Not without somebody to sit next to me and show me every little thing that they did. And then I have to hope and pray that I get enough from their teaching to even make a spec of difference in my productions.

I am going to leave the contests to those who actually have something truly good to offer and not clog up yet even more cyber space with my amateurish drivel.

ThePresent wrote:[Sure it's only the Noisemaker. Indeed I used multiple instances for nearly every piece of the drumkit, the snare has about 12 of them :D That's how I got to 95 instances.
Filtering was only done with the Noisemaker but of course there's some additional eq'ing done in the mix.
Wow, impressive work :o

I created this on 2nd/3rd day of the contest when it was a rainy day, then good weather came, I went driving my MTB (mountain bike, I'm a big fan of extreme sports) day after day and practically forgot that I even created it...because I was already feeling fatigue and having plan to get away from music for several days, you know it when you start making random meaningless 2-8 bars nonsense that you'll never finish and touch again. :roll:

https://soundcloud.com/user-67104555/br ... ill-osc-88

Tools:
FL Studio 12
TAL Noisemaker x 12
EQ2, Maximus and Fruity Limiter on master bus as effects only.

Anyways, this year we lost several music legends, but MTB world has lost 2 legends as well, Kelly McGarry and Steve Smith. :(

Hanz Meyzer wrote:
ThePresent wrote:[Sure it's only the Noisemaker. Indeed I used multiple instances for nearly every piece of the drumkit, the snare has about 12 of them :D That's how I got to 95 instances.
Filtering was only done with the Noisemaker but of course there's some additional eq'ing done in the mix.
Yeah indeed. Blows me away. Such dedication to percussion sound design. :clap: I thought I was putting in too much at 4 or 5 layers per drum and a couple per cymbal. :dog:

Now, if I could plant those percs onto my track - then I would be really satisfied ... sigh ... :roll:

dB

PS Updated mine with more detail on the early intro to the solos. More work on my cymbals (I had too - see above!) and perhaps a better overall mix now ... but any help/advice welcomed of course. Added in 1 more TAL Reverb 4, 2 ReaComp, and 3 ReaEQ.

Not made it to the KVR group yet, so please forgive me for reposting the link.
https://soundcloud.com/doctorbob/doctor ... noisemaker

doctorbob wrote:
Hanz Meyzer wrote:
Yeah indeed. Blows me away. Such dedication to percussion sound design. :clap: I thought I was putting in too much at 4 or 5 layers per drum and a couple per cymbal. :dog:

Now, if I could plant those percs onto my track - then I would be really satisfied ... sigh ... :roll:

dB

PS Updated mine with more detail on the early intro to the solos. More work on my cymbals (I had too - see above!) and perhaps a better overall mix now ... but any help/advice welcomed of course. Added in 1 more TAL Reverb 4, 2 ReaComp, and 3 ReaEQ.

Nice work there drBob :tu: If you are still working on this I might make a couple of suggestions (just that ....suggestions)

The closed hihat is a little too loud and thus distracting. You could also mix the "Tshack" with a little more "Tshizzzzzz" if you get my drift.

Crash et al are great.

Second, it is loud but I think it might be the backing organ? Some variation in the volume here might convey a little more feel as well.

Just first impressions and some food for thought Rob :hug:

https://soundcloud.com/bblunt-productio ... noisemaker

KVR OSC TAL Noisemaker Contest

Title: Noiz

Synth: TAL Noisemaker (x42)

DAW: Reaper v5.0rc14b x64

All factory presets tweaked

Plugins:
ReaComp
ReaXcomp
ReaEQ
JS: Bass Manager/Booster
JS: Convolution Amp/Cab Modeler
JS: Transient Controller
JS: BBE Sonic Maximizer
MAutopan
MbandPass
MLimiter
TAL Dub-Delay
A1 Stereo Control
Voxengo OldSkoolVerb
Voxengo SPAN
Blue Cat's FreqAnalyst
Variety Of Sound TesslaSE
Terry West CS12m

Thanks!

Hi guys..

Maybe you could help me? I am in search of roto toms preset for noise maker..

Please help...

surreal wrote:Hi guys..

Maybe you could help me? I am in search of roto toms preset for noise maker..

Please help...
I am somewhat familiar with roto toms but if you post an example I might have time to make some presets for you

Thank you Laxplanet.. I will sample off my keyboard and send it to you.

Regards

doctorbob wrote: PS Updated mine with more detail on the early intro to the solos. More work on my cymbals (I had too - see above!) and perhaps a better overall mix now ... but any help/advice welcomed of course. Added in 1 more TAL Reverb 4, 2 ReaComp, and 3 ReaEQ.

I'm sorry, but my ears are still struggling to hear / seperate the lead voice from the accompaniment (if that's the correct word).

I find it a little bit embarrassing to critic your mix. I'm not really good at mixing myself.

H-man wrote:Nice work there drBob :tu: If you are still working on this I might make a couple of suggestions (just that ....suggestions)
The closed hihat is a little too loud and thus distracting.
OK, thanks --- hat ----done!
You could also mix the "Tshack" with a little more "Tshizzzzzz" if you get my drift.
Tshack- more fizz .... done! Right volume???

Crash et al are great.
Second, it is loud but I think it might be the backing organ? Some variation in the volume here might convey a little more feel as well.Just first impressions and some food for thought Rob :hug:
... and all the above tweaked as well ...

Any better???

Thanks for all this ...

dB

rghvdberg wrote:I'm sorry, but my ears are still struggling to hear / seperate the lead voice from the accompaniment (if that's the correct word).
Thanks Rob - Mine too a bit ... ears are just getting too old I think!!! In some ways though, I could have gone for a very very sparse mix, but in the end used those WatKat echoes to give it that 50's/60's "mush" - maybe that's why the separation is not what one would expect from a "modern" master mix? Really trying to get the composition AND sound back to the right era (and genre of the time). So, the sound in the master channel was pushed hard using the Ferric plugin to get that tape "warmth" everyone talks about (but do they actually know what that is?).
I find it a little bit embarrassing to critic your mix. I'm not really good at mixing myself.
Thanks for being honest, I'm still learning myself, so I just need to have other ears listen to what I am doing, but also to try to understand where I am trying to go :hihi:

So ... I have adjusted the mix a bit in the picked sections where the soloist is playing in the lower registers (which makes it more difficult to pick the solo I admit!). Does this sound better to your ears? Mine are not far off 70 yrs old, so pretty much blown. Too much FOH mixing in thar olden days when loud was loud and often painful!

dB

Return to “Instruments”