Cakewalk: "Big announcements coming June 1st, 2016"

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

@AnX: Oh, and congrat for making it into my signature. :tu:
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

jens wrote:@AnX: Oh, and congrat for making it into my signature. :tu:
You are quite pedant; and really can't let things go... This thread has got very tiresome, since you became a dog with a bone. Another poster makes a passing comment about a gap in the market for P5 and.... way to derail a thread... Good work sir! :tu:

My pleasure! :tu:

And just for the record: for me this thread became very tiresome as soon as it started being about rumours about rumours about rumours about hints about a product that has been dead for ten years instead of what this thread originally once was about.
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

@dredd i knight & jens

Would you guys mind stopping this nit-picky discussion about totally irrelevant things? It would be nice if you could base any further replies on actual CW announcements and on facts, instead of talking about rumours or would-be developments that may never happen.

Skorpius wrote:
Would you guys mind stopping this nit-picky discussion about totally irrelevant things? It would be nice if you could base any further replies on actual CW announcements and on facts, instead of talking about rumours or would-be developments that may never happen.
+1
knock it off, folks.

Skorpius wrote:@dredd i knight & jens

I think you mean jens and some other dude... I'm in your boat, and was basically saying the same thing you are... maybe you missed that. :ud:

Skorpius wrote:@dredd i knight & jens

Actually I was the (only) one attempting to fight off the rumours (for days) so the "talking about rumours or would-be developments that may never happen" is not quite fair - it wasn't me doing that.
Otherwise I actually completely agree but sometimes it's hard for me to just sit and watch - and besides the problem with rumours is: if you stay silent they spread like cancer.

JoseC. wrote:
Grumbleweed wrote:
Have you considered therapy to get over the trauma? :cry:

Grum.
If he keeps on stalking an ex-DAW, I cannot imagine what he would do to an ex-bf :scared:
Sorry, you need to be more accurate ;)

Anyways, quit calling it stalking. I know we live in a fast-trump-2+2=7."whatever" world, but it's not stalking. Whining? Maybe. But not stalking. Maybe you are one of those people that think that people are racist that don't like rap? (even though they like blues, jazz, etc?)

Besides, I'm right :shrug:

Its called 'loving thru binoculars', not 'stalking'

I'm still on the fence about this offer. I would probably have to sell my license of Studio One v3 to be able to afford the lifetime updates for $199... Decisions, decisions...

How long was the payment supposed to last on the original Sonar purchase? Twelve months? I have been paying since January of 2015 and am paying still. I've contacted Cakewalk support but have not heard from them since June 2. Not even so much as a "bugger off". Is it normal to wait so long for a support question? It's going to be a month next week. I switched over from Cubase, but now I am not so sure that it was a good move.

Sequent wrote:How long was the payment supposed to last on the original Sonar purchase? Twelve months? I have been paying since January of 2015 and am paying still. I've contacted Cakewalk support but have not heard from them since June 2. Not even so much as a "bugger off". Is it normal to wait so long for a support question? It's going to be a month next week. I switched over from Cubase, but now I am not so sure that it was a good move.
You paid for the first year and now you are paying for the second year.
You should look into how much the lifetime update deal will cost you. Go to the store, log into your account and then check out the appropriate link.

Grum.

Well, they want $199.
Grumbleweed wrote:
Sequent wrote:How long was the payment supposed to last on the original Sonar purchase? Twelve months? I have been paying since January of 2015 and am paying still. I've contacted Cakewalk support but have not heard from them since June 2. Not even so much as a "bugger off". Is it normal to wait so long for a support question? It's going to be a month next week. I switched over from Cubase, but now I am not so sure that it was a good move.
You paid for the first year and now you are paying for the second year.
You should look into how much the lifetime update deal will cost you. Go to the store, log into your account and then check out the appropriate link.

Grum.

But hey, first rule of cakewalk club......"don't talk down on cakewalk club"

;)

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”