Stacker by Sample Magic (XX- - Discontinued - -XX)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

gunark wrote:
Aryaroman wrote:Could be great, but I'm looking forward to AudioThing's new drum machine/sampler.
Which one is that?
I guess it's still in pre-production. Check the thread about the SR-88 and AudioThing's posts about it.

Anyone buy this yet? There's no demo so I'd love to hear any reports.

The change in the value of the pound has dropped it about in price by about $10 (U.S.) assuming you pay in pounds.

Seems nice, would love to try it but no demo.
dedication to flying

jsp1979 wrote:Anyone buy this yet? There's no demo so I'd love to hear any reports.

The change in the value of the pound has dropped it about in price by about $10 (U.S.) assuming you pay in pounds.
I picked it up and I love it. It's pretty much my dream drum layering plugin. The synth module alone will get you 90% of the way to the sound you want (especially if you want key-tuned hits). Samples are just icing on the cake for me, but even there I'm pleasantly surprised.

Not without a couple flaws of course (interface takes some getting used to, no global effects section, no built-in render to WAV, modulation is a bit hard to subtly tune, some envelopes are stuck in MS/BPM sync mode) but these are minor complaints and I don't regret the purchase at all :D
Facts are meaningless, you can use facts to prove anything that's even remotely true

It crashes every time I try to play a sound in Ableton Live 9.6 - Windows 7. I suggest waiting for an update.

any more feedback on this? such a shame they are not doing a demo...
Presets for u-he Diva -> http://swanaudio.co.uk/

I like what I've been able to do with it but unfortunately it crashes on my system and there's no update yet...
Rekkerd.org the latest news on audio plugins, sample libraries & virtual instruments, synth presets & more.
Don't click here if you can't control yourself!

ANy updates?
dedication to flying

Last week's update:

Bug Fixes

WIN :
FL Studio crashing when changing presets : Fixed
GUI not showing completely : Fixed
Reverb Presets not loading IR files : Fixed

All versions :
AAX version not recalling session parameters : Fixed
Optimised memory leaks in Reverb engine which where causing crashes.
Reverb pump envelope On/Off button not resetting correctly : Fixed
Sample Delay layers 2 & 3 not working correctly : Fixed

Such a great tool, we had the chance to test it, please check it here: STACKER Review http://www.producerspot.com/review-stac ... mple-magic
:phones: Music Loops - ProducerSpot.com

Hmm.. reading the bug fixes i can say that i don't like to pay for beta testing.
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

Still waiting for a demo !!!!
Mac Studio
Cubase 13, Ableton Live 12

Messed a bit with NI Polyplex today (really cool stuff, but unusable with my current CPU/RAM). Then I remembered that I didn't tried Stacker yet.

Year 2016 and no demo... :dog:

e@rs wrote:Messed a bit with NI Polyplex today (really cool stuff, but unusable with my current CPU/RAM). Then I remembered that I didn't tried Stacker yet.

Year 2016 and no demo... :dog:
+1 However I took a chance on it and it is great.
Mac Studio
Cubase 13, Ableton Live 12

I never buy stuff that I can't demo first.

Return to “Instruments”