ProjectSAM vouchers/sales?

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Has anyone else received vouchers for signing up on their site? It was mentioned that for signing up, you'd receive a voucher. I'm thinking about getting OE, but I'm holding off if there's somekind of voucher or special offer program.

Also, after signing up, a page popped up, from which I understood that (for signing up) there would be some kind of freebie library for which you'd get a code in email, but none so far. Perhaps it's just worded badly and a placeholder for the empty registrations-page?

I got a welcome voucher after I made my first purchase. But I've never gotten an email with a free library.

The did have a sale at Xmas and I got a great deal at JRRShop.
Check the re-sellers, don't check the re-sellers. I don't care.

soundbylaura wrote:I got a welcome voucher after I made my first purchase. But I've never gotten an email with a free library.

The did have a sale at Xmas and I got a great deal at JRRShop.
How much was the voucher-discount and was it limited to certain products?

I believe it was 30% off and it was not limited to certain products however it was only good for a certain amount of time, maybe 45 days.

That said, I think they released Swing! a week or so after my voucher expired and I wrote to them to ask if I could still use it and they let me.

soundbylaura wrote:I believe it was 30% off and it was not limited to certain products however it was only good for a certain amount of time, maybe 45 days.

That said, I think they released Swing! a week or so after my voucher expired and I wrote to them to ask if I could still use it and they let me.
Okay cool. Cheers!

Is Swing! good? I think I might get it, but it looks like a somewhat RAM-heavy library. I know their libraries like OE are somewhat light, but then I saw the Manouche Guitar phrases/loops loading up to 350MB in a single instance on Kontakt?

I think it's good and it's definitely unique. Used the ukulele recently on a beach-themed game and it worked great. I have several uke libraries and this one was very easy to use. Much like their other VIs it's quite deep and is easy to overlook things.

The load hasn't seemed to bother me too much, though I'm in the habit of purging samples once I'm done writing a track...

soundbylaura wrote:I think it's good and it's definitely unique. Used the ukulele recently on a beach-themed game and it worked great. I have several uke libraries and this one was very easy to use. Much like their other VIs it's quite deep and is easy to overlook things.

The load hasn't seemed to bother me too much, though I'm in the habit of purging samples once I'm done writing a track...
Okay. Cheers! :tu:

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”