Waves to release Element 2 Synth

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Element Virtual Analog Synthesizer

Good, it mean it installed correctly and the license is unlocked and correct as well. Try to copy the dll files from the locations at your c: - drive and place them in the vst folder of FL Studio. Just copy them and don't move them. Then run a scan again.
Win 10 -64bit, CPU i7-7700K, 32Gb, Focusrite 2i2, FL-studio 20, Studio One 4, Reason 10

Got an interesting message from Waves today:

"We have just updated your Element license to Element 2.0 free of charge."

But as I remember, as an owner of Element 1 I got a special deal to upgrade when Element 2 was launched, which I did June 22, last year.

So why do they send me this message today? :?

Numanoid wrote:Got an interesting message from Waves today:

But as I remember, as an owner of Element 1 I got a special deal to upgrade when Element 2 was launched, which I did June 22, last year.

same here... :?:

autodafe wrote:

Translation: "You owe us one"

Meaning: "Buy from us now! damn it!"

:hihi:

too many subtractive synthts out there with not usable presets
Macbook M1 Max 32GB Ram Cubase 12

<delete>
Last edited by egbert101 on Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<List your stupid gear here>

egbert101 wrote:
TS-12 wrote:too many subtractive synthts out there with not usable presets
Then make your own presets. :hihi:
Pssst.. why you tell him the secret? :)
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

murnau wrote:
egbert101 wrote:
I'm more of a arranger / producer / mixer.
Sound design and synth programming is not really my talent. Even thou i always tweak a preset about 50% into my own sound.
I just can't start with a "blank" synth patch and create my sound.
Macbook M1 Max 32GB Ram Cubase 12

TS-12 wrote:
murnau wrote:
egbert101 wrote:
I'm more of a arranger / producer / mixer.
Sound design and synth programming is not really my talent. Even thou i always tweak a preset about 50% into my own sound.
I just can't start with a "blank" synth patch and create my sound.
I found the presets in both Waves Element and Codex very usable. There are good variety of presets in Element ( the presets that you expect in a subtractive synth). For more ability in sound tweaking or design, you might be interested in Codex instead as it is a wavetable synth.
I thought to buy Element again, but as I have Codex (can be near the character of Element) and some other subtractive synths, I passed.

The thing is that Element 2 sounds really good but uses CPU much more than Element 1 (and Codex!).

autodafe wrote:

I don't get it either.

Hopefully it means one more year of WUP :pray:

Numanoid wrote:But as I remember, as an owner of Element 1 I got a special deal to upgrade when Element 2 was launched, which I did June 22, last year.

Element 2 was initially a paid upgrade to Element 1. (I paid $46.15 for it in December 2015.)

But the email is to indicate that Element 2 is now an automatic upgrade from Element 1, so everyone who didn't pay for it like we did now gets it for free. (I wonder if this is related to their recent update to the whole Waves product line? Like maybe they didn't want to maintain Element 1 so they just moved everyone to the new version?)

I have complaints about this synth (the preset management is a pain and the amp envelope can be clicky- although I think this is improved in v2) but I still use this synth. It is just so easy to program since everything is right there on the same page. It's def. a go-to for me for quick vintage synth sounds.
Last edited by UltimateOutsider on Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

UltimateOutsider wrote:(I wonder if this is related to their recent update to the whole Waves product line? Like maybe they didn't want to maintain Element 1 so they just moved everyone to the new version?)
I think that could more or less hit the nail on the head, yes.

Yes yes yes, paid upgrade, blah. But I already bought the f.....ing upgrade :shrug:

incubus wrote:
autodafe wrote:

I don't get it either.
Damn it I paid $10 on WUP to upgrade that!! :dog: :hyper: :hyper:

Bloody good price if you ask me. Beats the upgrade price on any virtual instrument I have ever owned.

I have a theory though. It's complete speculation, so don't treat it as fact...

I have an idea that V10 is around the corner. Element 2 would be part of that.

H-EQ also recieved a significant upgrade, complete with a new look manual. The Waveshell is also on V9.91 and I heard reports of a V10 shell sitting along side it.

Now this.

I think V10 is around the corner. Now is one of the very few times you would need a WUP. Probably a good time to save for it if you plan to upgrade.

Return to “Instruments”