First String Concerto

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey all,

This is my first string concerto. It was inspired by the string concertos of Antonio Vivaldi and Tomaso Albinoni. It's in three movements, fast/slow/fast, with the last movement being a dance piece.

I've wanted to write in this style for years, and decided back in 2012 to really dedicate myself to studying Baroque composers. I've got a long ways to go, but the completion of my first string concerto is a milestone for me. I hope to write many more.

The piece was realized using Vienna Symphonic Library's Chamber Strings I Full.

https://soundcloud.com/leslie-sanford/s ... certo-no-1

Very nice work! The composition work is excellent and so is the standard of production. I have no criticisms at all.

Sounds great Leslie! Like David I couldn't fault it, the strings are fabulous and the composition is interesting and has beautiful melodies/harmonies... I can hear echoes of Vivaldi's work in it.
I like all three movements, but perhaps the last is my favourite.
Well done ! :)
Bandcamp
Music with progressive intent.

Amazing! Congratulations!
I particularly like movements 1 and 3. There is great energy in both. The sound feels 'complete' and professional.
This is really inspiring work!
== VDX == One Man can make a difference!
My music is on https://soundcloud.com/vdxi | Info | More Info

Wow, beautiful work. I really enjoy listening to it.

Sounds like the real deal! Bravo!

Thanks everyone for your comments. They are very much appreciated. It means a lot. :)

Excellent stuff. :tu:

Sounds great! Nice work indeed!

The first and third movements definitely capture the Vivaldi vibe very well, and the second has the ring of Albinoni, so I would say job done. I really liked the "sound" of these pieces. you managed to achieve a warm and lively sound here. Your earlier pieces were equally satisfying, iirc.

Good work :)

Return to “Music Cafe”