SEMblance for Arturia Oberheim SEM - now compatible with VColl 5

For discussion and announcements of soundware - patches, presets, soundsets, soundbanks, loop libraries, construction kits, MIDI libraries, etc.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Yeah same for me - but it shouldn't make a difference and I can't replicate this on my Mac with the dongle unplugged so see if Arturia can explain this. The fact that it's even affecting a patch saved with the new licensing is troubling but you are the only person who has ever come to me with this problem.
Last edited by aMUSEd on Wed Nov 11, 2015 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I'll try that
Sound C loud
Band C amp
Clicks and pops is all I get

I've re-exported the bank so can you try it again?

thanks (delete the previous versions first)

Thanks - yes it's just a noodle made with one of my new patches ('Ensembled horns')

aMUSEd wrote:I've re-exported the bank so can you try it again?

thanks (delete the previous versions first)
From your website ?
Sound C loud
Band C amp

Happy to say It is working now :party:

Any idea what the problem was ?
Sound C loud
Band C amp

That's really interesting - I had a hunch the elicensor message might be a red herring - I hadn't liked the fact that the SEM had saved all the presets into a bank with a folder name using my real name so I had changed it - the patches stil loaded fine for me but I wondered if that had been the problem so I changed it back to how it was and exported them again. Always a good idea to retrace your steps when troubleshooting :)

Bizarre that it throws up such a spurious error message though, definitely buggy behavior there.

Oh and thanks for the donation (I assume it was you) :)

Oh and thanks for the donation (I assume it was you) :)
Sure was :tu:

My first impression browsing through the presets is very positive.

Some very nice versatile sounds . I like that you made all those FX sounds.
Very handy when a track needs something xtra.

And the the Mellotron Flutes in the woodwind section is just
beautiful.

Cheers
Sound C loud
Band C amp

Thanks - yes it does have an fx/pad emphasis as those are the sort of sounds I like and mostly I make sounds for me, giving them away is just a by-product because I see no reason why I shouldn't share what I make with others, but I did make some basses too (although a bit unorthodox).

Hey aMUSEd, the download link on your website still have the elicenser problem. Maybe. I got te right one from this thread. Maybe it's a good idea to change the path on your website.

Thanks not much I can do about it till I get a new computer or fix the old one. I should have swapped it for the one in this thread.

Arturia are also going to convert it to the VColl 5 format sometime, I sent it to them a while ago.

OK here is the bank in the new format for the SEMV2

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ljes3suqtwv7q ... .semx?dl=0

I can't verify how close these are to the originals right now as my Mac is broken but any problems let me know and I can pass it back to Arturia.

thankx man :)

aMUSEd wrote:I can't verify how close these are to the originals right now as my Mac is broken but any problems let me know and I can pass it back to Arturia.
Most of them are very similar. Some of them have some substantial difference. And this conversor from Arturia doesn't seem to handle filter values exactly. I write a quick summary with the patches that sounds different:
backwards arp
brass arp
countdown
danger zone
daybreak
disarming
glockenspiel - old filter - 983
- new filter - 1199
humpbacks -very different
never let me go - old filter - 288
- new filter - 376
notchpad - old filter 1190
new filter - 1433
Organum
Overflow
sub-ghost
underwater
walking bass - gets very different when hold
I will open a bug with Arturia, these filter differences in conversion doesn't seem right to me.

Return to “Soundware”