64bit daw to replace fl studio

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Zexila wrote:
Lejurai wrote:You can grab bot right corner of the clip in bitwig and just drag the loop for as long as you like. Bit like in fl.
Yeah, just like in Logic too, can you transform looped into respective parts too?
Cut tool or hit ctrl+j to join clips.

Lejurai wrote:
Zexila wrote:
Lejurai wrote:You can grab bot right corner of the clip in bitwig and just drag the loop for as long as you like. Bit like in fl.
Yeah, just like in Logic too, can you transform looped into respective parts too?
Cut tool or hit ctrl+j to join clips.
But still you don't get unique/separate/respective parts out of every looped part like you would if you copy/pasted, duplicated or painted parts in first place. :tu:

This entire forum is wading through predictions, opinions, barely formed thoughts, drama, and whining. If you don't enjoy that, why are you here? :D ShawnG

Except with that cut tool :P But yea, looping is fast but making single clips isn't behind one click. Still workflow in bitwig is great :tu:

Lejurai wrote:Still workflow in bitwig is great :tu:
Well, stopped believing in that after I saw how much of this neat little thingies fast fun workflow DAW's actually lack overall, by the time you zoom in something in Live or Bitwig, I already made edit and doing other and so on, have a feeling that Samplitude is even faster in editing department, so each to his own, I'm doing audio too and without proper zooming tool for example, DAW is useless for me.
This entire forum is wading through predictions, opinions, barely formed thoughts, drama, and whining. If you don't enjoy that, why are you here? :D ShawnG

Was just trying reaper again (since tracktion is just a joke)

:nutter:

Sure, it does many things well, but it's crazy window f**k omg! And it STILL has the very noticeable glitch when looping (even if everything else is muted) and playing guitar/bass. :roll:

There IS NO perfect host.

Zexila wrote:
metamorphosis wrote:Thaaaats exactly Why I recommended the following to you:
http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=152012
Looks like Logic 9 and never will feel like one, wish I cut my loses immediately, but nooo, scripts, modifiers yada yada, it's Reaper and it always will be Reaper, tons of menus, actions and stuff that isn't there, but could be implemented to get by and never feel less clunky that it is :lol: Carry on guys, gonna hit my quiet place now. :cry:
He says without even having tried the reaperset.

camsr wrote: I will try it out, thanks.
Do you know how moddable themes are? I would like to add a PDC delay control directly to the mixer tracks, since I use reaktor 5 a lot and it does not automatically report delay. I also want to change the level tabs on the peak meters to be more like FL10, with tabs divided by 1db for the topmost 10db. Is stuff like that possible yet?
They're pretty moddable, but I think that's probably out of scope for mods (not that I'm an expert). I've had a brief look into it and I can't find any links for adjusting PDC per-plugin, but if you ask on the reaper forum you're sure to get a few responses - they're pretty good like that.

metamorphosis wrote: They're pretty moddable, but I think that's probably out of scope for mods (not that I'm an expert). I've had a brief look into it and I can't find any links for adjusting PDC per-plugin, but if you ask on the reaper forum you're sure to get a few responses - they're pretty good like that.
Not per-plugin but mixer track. Just like FL unfortunately :wink:

How is latency compensation usually handled in reaper?

camsr wrote:
metamorphosis wrote: They're pretty moddable, but I think that's probably out of scope for mods (not that I'm an expert). I've had a brief look into it and I can't find any links for adjusting PDC per-plugin, but if you ask on the reaper forum you're sure to get a few responses - they're pretty good like that.
Not per-plugin but mixer track. Just like FL unfortunately :wink:

How is latency compensation usually handled in reaper?
Auto-PDC all the way through the chain, if I'm reading it correctly!

normally I don't like to looks of Reaper but the Logic skin definitely looks nice

stash.reaper.fm/theme/1609/I Logic Pre 2.ReaperThemeZip
"Where we're workarounding, we don't NEED features." - powermat

metamorphosis wrote:He says without even having tried the reaperset.
He said it without even knowing... did tried it, saw it all over the place, so gave it a go to see what you did, but mine was more suitable for my own workflow.

xbitz wrote:normally I don't like to looks of Reaper but the Logic skin definitely looks nice

This one is ace. :tu:

http://stash.reaper.fm/theme/1721/Paulie_mods.zip

camsr wrote:I'm not enthusiastic about using FL studio in the future. What would be the most painless replacement, and why?

I switched to Studio One after using FL Studio for a long time. I never looked back, love it.
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

are you using latest FL Studio version wich is 12.2?

its feature packed and stable.

Also upcoming 12.3 is very promising

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HkFSRwugcFE

Elektronisch wrote:are you using latest FL Studio version wich is 12.2?

its feature packed and stable.

Also upcoming 12.3 is very promising

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HkFSRwugcFE
Seems like an awesome update. :tu:

xbitz wrote:normally I don't like to looks of Reaper but the Logic skin definitely looks nice

Wow!

At 6:42 are those multi-touch midi controllers for Patcher?

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”