MuLab & MUX Modular 7 Released

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

pljones wrote:
memyselfandus wrote:I'm still lost on how to insert the time signature changes.
Like I said at the beginning, stop thinking of "time signature" -- that a music notation term and we're not dealing with music notation here, we're dealing with MIDI events triggering sounds. You can get the note on events exactly where you're after them in a comfortable way using a grid of your own creation. Start MuLab 7.0.47, lower right corner of the Composer view has the grid controls and a tool menu "star" icon. Click the icon, read the menu, find the "Edit" and "Create new grid" menu options. Now, on the "Basic Synth Rack" track, draw in a part and double-click to edit. Again, in the sequence editor, bottom right of the view has the grid controls for the sequence (i.e. the grid here is different from the composer grid - and from any other sequence in the composition). Again, clicking the tool menu "star" icon brings up the "Edit" and "Create new grid" menu options.

Thanks again. So what your saying is multiple time signatures are Not supported in the traditional sense?

Like in

Protools
Cubase
Reaper
Samplitude
Sonar
Ableton Live
Fl Studio (13)
Studio One
Logic
Digital Performer

But there is a workaround? If you just forget about "time signatures" well.. When working with "time signatures" and get busy with grid options? Sounds to me like Mulab does not support multiple time signatures? This has not been said yet. What has been implied is that these grid options are even better. Unless you want to insert simple time signature changes?

Edit

Okay I found a way to user define grid length this is excellent. Insert time sig should be a option as well. But I'll mess with this some more.

:)

Time signatures are, literally, just a pair of numbers. They're an indication to the reader of where the beats fall within the bars, just like a grid that you can't see. The grids in MuLab you can see. So no, you can't write "7/16" on a part in MuLab. You can create a grid that lasts seven sixteenth notes and use that for the part's sequence. You can even swing it if you're that way inclined.

we swangin over hur at mutools

i would love to see a bandsplitter module in MUX
(a dream fx box)

i tried 'crossover' in 'ddmf metaplugin' (in MuLab)
and it gave me great results,
exept no midi contol over band volume and crossover points

I found a module to customize multi Gater FX,we're in business
it happens often that I wish for a feature to later realize it's already there,
MuLab is quite deep :tu:

(add module/Mutools/factory presets/experimental units/ multi Gater FX)

SeePlusPlus wrote:MuLab is quite deep :tu:
(add module/Mutools/factory presets/experimental units/ multi Gater FX)
... and then open up the modular area and take a look inside! :o

Wow....I'm surprised this thread died out 2 years ago(to the day)...why?Yesterday,I stumbled upon MuLab 7 from a list of top 10 free DAW's and I mistakenly though MuLab was a lite version of Motu initially...but when I probed the article on it,I realized this program was relatively new to the market.
I loved that I installed it,configured the settings and began recording tracks...within like 10 minutes!Just the synth portion of this DAW alone, is very much worth the price of $69...as a lot of the presets are breathtakingly lush and inspiring!I also relish the concept of building your own synth modules from scratch and it appars to be a very simple process!
As it is now in my home studio,I have Reason 10,S1 Pro 3 and Mixcraft 8 and yet,I still have a need for this amazing DAW!Can't wait to buy the full version and I am very much looking forward to future upgrades.
I've only been tinkering with it since last night and one minor grievance I have,is that in order to copy & paste...you have to depress both the control and shift buttons,while also right clicking and dragging...it requires the use of both hands and is a bit of a hinderance in terms of workflow...wtf?
I realize this DAW is aimed towards the novice user and the price is very reasonable...but I still can't make any sense out of MuLab's copy & paste method,as it is so archaic.

Wow....I'm surprised this thread died out 2 years ago(to the day)...why?Yesterday,I stumbled upon MuLab 7 from a list of top 10 free DAW's and I mistakenly though MuLab was a lite version of Motu initially...but when I probed the article on it,I realized this program was relatively new to the market.
I loved that I installed it,configured the settings and began recording tracks...within like 10 minutes!Just the synth portion of this DAW alone, is very much worth the price of $69...as a lot of the presets are breathtakingly lush and inspiring!I also relish the concept of building your own synth modules from scratch and it appars to be a very simple process!
As it is now in my home studio,I have Reason 10,S1 Pro 3 and Mixcraft 8 and yet,I still have a need for this amazing DAW!Can't wait to buy the full version and I am very much looking forward to future upgrades.
I've only been tinkering with it since last night and one minor grievance I have,is that in order to copy & paste...you have to depress both the control and shift buttons,while also right clicking and dragging...it requires the use of both hands and is a bit of a hinderance in terms of workflow...wtf?
I realize this DAW is aimed towards the novice user and the price is very reasonable...but I still can't make any sense out of MuLab's copy & paste method,as it is so archaic.

AlesisVi61 wrote:Wow....I'm surprised this thread died out 2 years ago(to the day)...why?
Most of us gave it a go, saw it's not for us as it is, moved on, gonna check it out again when it reaches ver. 8.
There's more archaic stuff like that when you dive deeper, than you see you have list of feature request and pretty much see one guy behind all this, Jo who is amazing human being and developer, so than try to take it for what it is if you can.
This entire forum is wading through predictions, opinions, barely formed thoughts, drama, and whining. If you don't enjoy that, why are you here? :D ShawnG

Zexila wrote:
AlesisVi61 wrote:
Most of us gave it a go, saw it's not for us as it is, moved on, gonna check it out again when it reaches ver. 8.

There's more archaic stuff like that when you dive deeper, than you see you have list of feature request and pretty much see one guy behind all this, Jo who is amazing human being and developer, so than try to take it for what it is if you can.
Wow...one guy behind all this?That's impressive!Yeah....fair enough...I'll definitely give this guy some latitude for that.
Like I had mentioned,the synths in this DAW are worth the price of admission(I only wish I could buy this DAW right now...as this guy deserves some more support!)

I didn't know MuTools had to suffer that ineffable "time signature" discussion as well, like FL Studio. :lol:

Jo is awesome and hard working, he have long list of FR's, but really like all of us, there's no time to tackle everything, but MuLab&MUX at this point are really great and usable, really wish he come with big surprise for version 8 and tackle few of my own FR's.
This entire forum is wading through predictions, opinions, barely formed thoughts, drama, and whining. If you don't enjoy that, why are you here? :D ShawnG

Hmm....the more I think on it,the more I am leaning towards the MUX Modular VST(rather than the whole DAW package.)Although I do like the DAW very much....well...it obviously needs more revisions,before it has the workflow speed,that all of my other DAW's possess.

Another problem that I ran into,is that when I tried to slow down the tempo to record 16th notes more accurately and then bring it back up to the original tempo...well...I noticed that the only way to do this,is to insert tempo changes(which permanently changes the tempo...which requires you to go back into the tempo change mode...whereby you have to delete all of the values to get back to the original tempo.)
Holy sh*t man...that's a lot of work and it's really hindering my whole creative workflow mojo(which is really sad,because I had my heart set on buying the DAW.)

That said,I was wondering....how many of you here,bought the MUX Modular VST...rather than the DAW??

Well, V8's "big thing" is "time stretch the way Jo does it", so maybe it'll do what you want, too.

Best place to follow development is the MuTools forum here, of course.

AlesisVi61 wrote:
Another problem that I ran into,is that when I tried to slow down the tempo to record 16th notes more accurately and then bring it back up to the original tempo...well...I noticed that the only way to do this,is to insert tempo changes(which permanently changes the tempo...which requires you to go back into the tempo change mode...whereby you have to delete all of the values to get back to the original tempo.)
Just click and drag inside the tempo window to alter the speed, or even double click it and type exact speed required
Beauty is only skin deep,
Ugliness, however, goes right the way through

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”