Dimension Pro problems on the crappy OS called Windows 10

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I've installed Cakewalk's Dimension Pro 1.5 (64-bit) on a so called "technician's dream"...a Windows 10 :-p

The first problem is that it's not possible to auuthorize the software. Yes, serial and auth code are correct.

On Cakewalk's website it's suggested to run the plugin as administrator and thereafter authorize it.

That doesnt 'work.

So I wrote them a mail a week ago.

Still no reply.

Second problem.

It's still possible to run Dimension Pro in demo mode. Besides I've Dimension Pro LE installed as well.

Normally you can add soundbanks in the Multisamples folder. Then load the plugin and hit F5 after one have opened the borwser.

Normaly...

But now I'm on this "techinician' sdrea" computer called Windows 10. And of course it doesnt' work.

So, if there's any....technician who has a solution for those two problem. PLease let me know.

Thanks in advance ! :tu:

u can call cakewalk support, works for me on 10 just fine btw
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

It looks like the disk where Dimension Pro is installed is now Write protected ! And I'm unable to change that. Everytime I try it jus tjumps back to write protection.

Any idea how to turn of write protection from the command shell?

Worked on my machine, but I upgraded to Rapture Pro (which also works). And I'd recommed you to install all your plugins to a folder on (for example) c. Like C:\Vstplugins.

Lejurai wrote:Worked on my machine, but I upgraded to Rapture Pro (which also works). And I'd recommed you to install all your plugins to a folder on (for example) c. Like C:\Vstplugins.
I've Rapture Sessions. That works fine.

All my plugins are installed the yway you described.

To be honest, i love Win10. Especially compared to hell OS's like 8(.1) and Vista.

exmatproton wrote:To be honest, i love Win10. Especially compared to hell OS's like 8(.1) and Vista.
I compare it with Linux, that I use as a desktop and server OS, so I've a different opinion.

Either way, that's another topic.

Ah.. I just remembered that I had issues with authorizing too. I had to download and install that Cakewalk command center to make cakewalk synths work. Though I'm not 100% sure if dimension pro required that but at least zeta2 didn't work until I downloaded and installed it through command center.

DimPro is an old plugin, and I don't recall it ever had a W10 compatibility update, so that might be what you're experiencing here... because Cakewalk took DimPro and Rapture and smashed them into one thing with Rapture Pro (and it's a good thing they did, IMHO). Rapture Pro will work on W10 for sure...

Usually Windows are pretty great with backwards compatibility, but if the installer isn't signed for W10, that might pose some issues.

I installed Cakewal command center when I installed Rapture Session. That works perfectly fine. But for Dimenson Pro it doesn't work.

I'm considering a way-around. I've plenty of soundbanks for DP. So thats why I want to use it. But maybe I can install them into Rapture Session somehow?

Any idea on how (if possible) to install my DP soundbansk to Rapture Session. Any folder I should move them to or so...?

I've plenty of SoundBanks for Rapture as well...So if I can run them somehow in Rapture Session?

You could maybe wait for Cakewalk to go crazy with the prices maybe.. I grabbed rapture pro for 35e at the beginning of the year :D

EvilDragon wrote:DimPro is an old plugin, and I don't recall it ever had a W10 compatibility update, so that might be what you're experiencing here... because Cakewalk took DimPro and Rapture
+1

When CM gave away Rapture a couple of years back, there was a problem with OSX users not getting it to work.

So I don't think it is Microsoft who is to blame for Dim Pro not working in Win 10, blame Cakewalk, or upgrade to Rapture Pro.

Lejurai wrote:You could maybe wait for Cakewalk to go crazy with the prices maybe.. I grabbed rapture pro for 35e at the beginning of the year :D
They just mailed me and appologized for teh delay and gave me a cupon. That was, of coruse, very nice of them. However they didnt' offer a solution and asked me to get back to them if I was sitll interested in fidning a solution.

Numanoid wrote:
EvilDragon wrote:DimPro is an old plugin, and I don't recall it ever had a W10 compatibility update, so that might be what you're experiencing here... because Cakewalk took DimPro and Rapture
+1

When CM gave away Rapture a couple of years back, there was a problem with OSX users not getting it to work.

So I don't think it is Microsoft who is to blame for Dim Pro not working in Win 10, blame Cakewalk, or upgrade to Rapture Pro.
You are probably rigth about that. Although Microsoft is my favorite scapegoat :-)

Wha tI really want is to be able to use my soundbanks for Dimension Pro and Rapture.

I've checked some other SFZ players such as sforzando and Glance. But I'm not comfortable wiht their audiobrowsers. A very very important thing for me because I'm visually impaired.
So, untill I've find an alternative SFX player I'm trying to get Dimension Pro and Rapture to work.

A pitty that I can't use Rapture Session as a general SFZ player

DP and Rapture work fine in linux, by way of Reaper and wineasio.
Been that way for ages. There is a recent bootable avlinux, a remaster
of a working audio/video setup. It might have wineasio ready to go,
awaiting installers for testing.
Cheers

Return to “Instruments”