Official Arturia VCollection5 thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

vic_france wrote:
waltercruz wrote:The Solina V2 doesn't respond to sustain at all? I tried setting the sustain length as described here (https://www.arturia.com/faq/utilization ... nthetizers), with no effect at all.
MIDI Learning the sustain length slider does work here.. but (as explained in that link) the original Solina didn't have sustain (pedal) at all. So, this MIDI Learn suggestion doesn't suddenly give the Solina a "hold" function (as we've come to expect from CC#64), it mearly switches the sustain length parameter from minimum to maximum (which still fades away eventually ;) )
The argument that the hardware did not have a sustain pedal is not really a reason why not to add it to the VST. In fact, Arturia seems a bit inconsistent here. I notices that the B-3V has the sustain pedal hardwired to a 'hold' (which I guess was NOT on the real B-3), and cannot even be reassined, e.g. to the Leslie Slow/Fast switch.

Please, make the ability to listen to CC64 available (and optional) on ALL plugins. I even would think that on the Solina, it would be more useful than on a B-3.

And, please, fix the volume pedals...

Cheers,
Martin

Just installed the new updates for the V-Collection 5 plugins and started checking the Synclavier V update.

Finally the NKS support for Synclavier seems to work properly. It shows up to 9 pages of parameters (each page with up to 8 parameters) and those also seem to work with my Komplete Kontrol S61 controller.
With the previous versions NKS support seemed to be broken and showed strange parameters.
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

martin_l wrote: The argument that the hardware did not have a sustain pedal is not really a reason why not to add it to the VST.
I'm certainly not disagreeing with you there ;).. a proper CC#64 "Hold" would indeed be a welcome addition.
I did get a life,once...but it was faulty, so I sent it back.

martin_l wrote:
Please, make the ability to listen to CC64 available (and optional) on ALL plugins. I even would think that on the Solina, it would be more useful than on a B-3.

And, please, fix the volume pedals...

Cheers,
Martin
Sustain pedal in a B3 doesn't make that much sense (I got convinced on the Acoustic Samples B5 thread), but in a Solina, makes a lot of sense.

A request to sound designers that will create sound packs for these Arturia synths: as these synths were used on a lot of (now) classic songs, put some patches that emulate the sounds on the banks! Something like OP-X do. I'm a gigging musician, and even if I can do the patch programming by myself, it helps having something to use as an start point or to cover the needs of a gig. By example, the Pink Floyd patch collection on synthmaster was very useful when I began to play on a Pink Floyd cover band. Now I think that I don't use any of then anymore, but was good having a set of reasonable patches to my first rehearsal with the band.

vic_france wrote:but (as explained in that link) the original Solina didn't have sustain (pedal) at all.
The original Jupiter 8 didn't come with a Galaxy XY modulator... in fact, it didn't have Midi at all. Wouldn't that be great, only being able to play it with the on-screen keys - because it's more authentic! :hihi:

T-CM11 wrote:
vic_france wrote:but (as explained in that link) the original Solina didn't have sustain (pedal) at all.
The original Jupiter 8 didn't come with a Galaxy XY modulator... in fact, it didn't have Midi at all. Wouldn't that be great, only being able to play it with the on-screen keys - because it's more authentic! :hihi:
Love it! :P

TheoM wrote:
ENV1 wrote:
artao wrote: @ENV1 ... I don't know. Why would people think you're bashing Arturia instruments. Perhaps it has something to do with that quote?
No, i think it has more to do with the fact that people read what they want to read and then treat it as though it were actually true. The fact that they dont bother to at least ask for clarification when in doubt is another factor; after all it would only spoil the chance at a good personal attack if it turned out that they have simply misinterpreted somebodies intentions. (And then they have the nerve to call THAT person a troll.)

Look, when i make a comment and people dont understand how its meant then thats their problem. Not mine. I cant put a disclaimer under every post explaining in detail how every sentence i wrote is to be taken; like everyone else i simply write my lines and assume that people know where im coming from since im not only here since yesterday. And in this case it should be pretty obvious that this was simply sarcasm since ive always said that the idea that Arturia is 90% GFX and 10% sound is preposterous. It just happens to be true now from a filesize point of view. (Get it?)

But like i said, why bother looking for clarification when it would only spoil a good personal attack. Just read something, interpret it any way you want, then run with it as though it were fact. Also never EVER make an effort to distinguish between justified criticism and unjustified criticism; just take the fact that something is being criticised at all and label the person a 'hater', totally disregarding the fact that the criticism of one part of something has absolutely nothing to do with the other parts of something. Never mind that sound quality is one thing, that bugs are another, that bugs that have a beard longer than a tibetan monk are yet another, and that UI format is yet yet another. Just take the fact that there has been ANY criticism on ANY aspect and then treat the person doing the criticising like somebody who has never said anything but negative things about EVERY aspect of something, even if in reality the exact opposite is the case and even if the criticism was justified.

That's the precise modus operandi of many people these days, not only here but especially here.

So no, I dont think my 'quote' is the problem here.

The problem is that the social and communicational skills of some members here suck like a hoover.
Post of the decade. I'm saving this for permanent referral when needed. Cheers
+ ∞ :tu:
"The educated person is one who knows how to find out what he does not know" - George Simmel
“It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.” - John Wooden

waltercruz wrote:A request to sound designers that will create sound packs for these Arturia synths: as these synths were used on a lot of (now) classic songs, put some patches that emulate the sounds on the banks! Something like OP-X do. I'm a gigging musician, and even if I can do the patch programming by myself, it helps having something to use as an start point or to cover the needs of a gig. By example, the Pink Floyd patch collection on synthmaster was very useful when I began to play on a Pink Floyd cover band. Now I think that I don't use any of then anymore, but was good having a set of reasonable patches to my first rehearsal with the band.
Which SM library is that, Walter? Is it
Nori Ubukata's Historic Synth Giants Volume 1 ?

Fleer wrote:Which SM library is that, Walter? Is it
Nori Ubukata's Historic Synth Giants Volume 1 ?
Yes! To be honest, I don't find some of these patches so good today, and have replaced some (or most) of them with my own programming, on Synthmaster or other synths. But, I was in a hurry, had a rehearsal scheduled for the next week, and knew almost nothing about Pink Floyd, so having a good set of patches, even that they were not perfect, was real nice and gave me enough time to learn the songs. I would totally buy another pack of Nori with Rush patches, if someday he release a soundset like that.

I've got a question. On Prophet V, when in VS mode, the LFO when set at "1" to modulate filter cutoff it doesn't seem to cover more than about 50% of the cutoff range. Is this by design? I know my Creamware/Sonic Core Vectron goes the full range.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

So which keyboards/synths in the V5 collection can respond to polyphonic aftertouch as a modulation source? (without having to use a multi).

thanks

Echoes in the Attic wrote:So which keyboards/synths in the V5 collection can respond to polyphonic aftertouch as a modulation source? (without having to use a multi).

thanks
Without checking them all again, the Arturia way has always been, if a parameter can respond to channel aftertouch, if you send it polyphonic aftertouch, it is smart enough to recognise it as such, and respond accordingly (you will only see the word "Aftertouch" available as a mod source, but is valid for either channel ~or poly aftertouch)
Dunno about the Synclavier though ;).

vic_france wrote:
Echoes in the Attic wrote:So which keyboards/synths in the V5 collection can respond to polyphonic aftertouch as a modulation source? (without having to use a multi).

thanks
Without checking them all again, the Arturia way has always been, if a parameter can respond to channel aftertouch, if you send it polyphonic aftertouch, it is smart enough to recognise it as such, and respond accordingly (you will only see the word "Aftertouch" available as a mod source, but is valid for either channel ~or poly aftertouch)
Dunno about the Synclavier though ;).
Really? Are you sure? I thought it was only the CS-80 and maybe the oberheims. You're saying that even the moogs and jupiter etc. respond polyphonically? What about the electric pianos and organs, do they have aftertouch modulation? I'd love to hear some confirmation about this from folks.

thanks!

Echoes in the Attic wrote:
Really? Are you sure? I thought it was only the CS-80 and maybe the oberheims. You're saying that even the moogs and jupiter etc. respond polyphonically? What about the electric pianos and organs, do they have aftertouch modulation? I'd love to hear some confirmation about this from folks.

thanks!
Wow, this no longer works in V5!
Just tried Mini-V3, and it is channel aftertouch only.. went back to Mini-V2, where it works just fine!
Same with the Modular :(
I try the others later, and report back, but there is no reason why they should remove it.. I'll put in a support request.

Return to “Instruments”