Dune2 Expansion: Spice Vol.2

For discussion and announcements of soundware - patches, presets, soundsets, soundbanks, loop libraries, construction kits, MIDI libraries, etc.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi all

Spice Vol.2 is here. This expansion bank for Dune 2 delivers 79 quality sounds, suitable for Trance, Electro house, Psytrance, Ambient and other electronic styles of music.

Bringing out the best of Dune 2, this banks makes use of the latest features from version 2.5 and builds on the collection of the first volume by focusing more on the digital textures of Dune 2 produced via wavetables and FM. It is decidedly darker in character than Vol.1 with more emphasis on atmospheric elements and edgy sounds.

This bank features 20 Basses & Bass sequences, 14 Leads, 16 Pads, 17 Plucks & Sequences.

Patches feature Modwheel assignment and various patches are sensitive to velocity. Also included are royalty free MIDI files, the best parts of the demo, and the Ableton Project with the parts arranged as heard in the demo.

https://soundcloud.com/aiyn-zahev/spice-vol2-for-dune-2

Available on http://www.aiynzahev-sounds.com/collect ... pice-vol-2

Check out some FREE Presets https://goo.gl/ZVvIfg
Aiynzahev-sounds
Sound Designer - Soundsets for Pigments, Repro, Diva, Virus TI, Nord Lead 4, Serum, DUNE2, Spire, and others

I had the video demo of Virus "trance behind the brain" soundset opened in my browser and I was sure that I'm listening to it. I was quite shocked when I saw what is actually playing :ud: (says the "Dune-doesn't-sound-anything-like-virus" guy :oops: )

Terrific job on the presets and the demosong :tu:
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

recursive one wrote:I had the video demo of Virus "trance behind the brain" soundset opened in my browser and I was sure that I'm listening to it. I was quite shocked when I saw what is actually playing :ud: (says the "Dune-doesn't-sound-anything-like-virus" guy :oops: )

Terrific job on the presets and the demosong :tu:
Thank you man. It's amazing how easily the ear can be tricked huh. That said I'm of the opinion now that really nothing else sounds like the Virus, and it's something I can hear, depending of course on *how* you've set up the Virus, i.e what sounds exactly we're comparing.
Aiynzahev-sounds
Sound Designer - Soundsets for Pigments, Repro, Diva, Virus TI, Nord Lead 4, Serum, DUNE2, Spire, and others

This set of sounds is just another beauty from AZ. 200% recommended.

Out of curiosity, I've compared Dune2 to Virus face to face and they don't sound really similar - the oscillators are different, the filters are different, but for some complex patches, like pads or unison trance leads/plucks, or sequenced stuff it may indeed be possible to approximate this big and lush Virus sound with Dune. I wish Dune had some kind of global saturator like Virus analog boost, and also more edgy distortion - when you need really agressive sounds Dune is lacking a bit.

I rarely buy presets cause i like making my own sounds, but I consider buying both your Spice packs in order to learn a thing or two from your presets.
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

Thank you both for the comments :)
Aiynzahev-sounds

Nice demo
Member 12, Studio One v6.5, VPS Avenger, Kontakt 7, Spitfire, Dune, Arturia, Sonible, Baby Audio, CableGuys, Nektar Panorama P1, Vaporizer 2 to test out

kevvvvv wrote:Nice demo
Thanks
Aiynzahev-sounds

Return to “Soundware”