Poly-Ana MPE

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

For all you MPE users out there, I recently discovered how to use Poly-Ana with all the MPE functionality. I've only tested with the Bitwig touch screen keyboard, but from what I understand, if it works with that it should work fine with others like the linnstrument and seaboard. I posted this on the bitwig board but thought it might be useful to others as there is a lack of good vintage analog type synths that can work with MPE synths.

Ok I had tried this before but hadn't figured out how to set up it up properly, even the dev wasn't sure as he hadn't tested it. But it was designed to work with midi guitar stuff so it already had the separate channel midi stuff set up. But I figured out how to make it work 100% as an MPE type synth (at least with the Bitwig touch keyboard)!

So in Poly-Ana use the following settings:
-Set the Poly-Ana pitch range to 48 (obviously)
-Set PolyMode to Poly and set polyphony of 1. Sounds weird but it still allows polyphonic playing in MPE mode. Higher polyphony won't work in MPE mode unless you use the poly-unison polymode which eats cpu as it applies unison of that amount to every voice.
-Use the "In-1" modulator to modulate with the y-axis direction (since In-1 is mapped to CC74 by default)
-Use polyphonic aftertouch for z-axis. Actually this one I haven't tested. You might have to use channel aftertouch since voices are split into separate channels. But one of them will work.

So there you go... Poly-Ana presently supports all MPE functions and is one of the only synths that are fully usable with the bitwig touch keyboard much like the built-in synths.

Return to “Instruments”