Studio one control link nektar lx problem

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi guys,
I'm getting crazy setting up my new keyboard controller Nektar lx61 to control Vst in S1.
I used to have the PCR edirol, with it to control any Vst parameter I used to do:
1) choose the control on the right corner of any Vst, click the blu gear icon on right corner
2) touch i.e the cutoff filter of the Vst
3) touch the knob on my keyboard
4) click the withe arrow, done!

the cutoff filter is linked to the knob of my controller.

Now I do the same with my Lx61(the setting are fine, checked many times), but the knob of my controller is not linked to the parameter of the Vst.

If I open the control panel of the Lx61 I'm able to link the cutoff to the control panel knob(if I move the knob I can see the cutoff moving) BUT I cannot link the knob of my keyboard!!

please guys help

thanks!

S1 3.1.1, windows 7 64bit

hey guys,
I post here the solution of the problem if someone encounter the same problem.
I asked to Justin the guy at Nektar(great support!quick and nice!), I managed to understand what was the problem. Basickly I was in the "preset mode" if I press the button "Instr." below the display I go to "Instrument mode" and I can assign knobs to parameters.
It was simple even though I could not see anything on the manual about it.

thanks guys and I hope it's usefull for someone.

cheers

This Nektar Studio One thing is a mess, simply put Presonus needs to allow Nektar the freedom to write a better map, for their controllers. Switching Presets isn't what I would call workflow friendly, they need to get a grip on the entire process, and allow Studio One to be supported. Take a look at what Nektar controllers can do in Bitwig , Logic or Cubase for example, (I don't even consider Reason ,although it was their first original design, Reason is not a DAW with plugins, so it's not even considered, why would I go backwards? Daws are where most producers work.) anyways then go back to Studio One it's a mess. Clearly, Presonus has some explaining to do, this controller has been out for 3 years, and Presonus is ruining their customers experience for all those that buy a Nektar controller. :bang: If I we're not already invested,I wouldn't buy one until Presonus added support.
INTERFACE: RME ADI-2/4 Pro/Antelope Orion Studio Synergy Core/BAE 1073 MPF Dual/Heritage Audio Successor+SYMPH EQ
SYNTHS: Korg Kronos X 88/Yamaha Montage M8x/Sequential Trigon 6/
Behringer DM12D/Pro-800

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”