question about legato

Official support for: orangetreesamples.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi Greg, just reading the manual on the Acoustic Guitar (and Nylon String as well), it says

Legato Range Up
Sets the threshold interval for triggering a legato articulation above the current note.

Legato Range Up
Sets the threshold interval for triggering a legato articulation below the current note

that being said, I plan to use this with a midi guitar. So let's say I set the legato range to a 1/2 step. Is this interval recognized only between strings or on the same string or both? any info appreciated, thanks.

Well, I think this answers my question from the 2 posts below. Was this upgrade implemented yet?

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 7#p6217597
viewtopic.php?f=139&t=444620

Unread postby Gregjazz; Mon Aug 24, 2015 4:02 pm
Re: Experience with Banshee and Midi Guitars / You Rock Guitar

I should probably pick up one of these to try out for myself. :)

Also, I wanted to mention that there's going to be some improvements in the next update for the Evolution guitar engine to address some of the current limitations in the multi-channel MIDI guitar support:

1. Multi-channel legato separation.

This addresses the issue where playing the same pitch on separate strings would result in only allowing one note to be played instead of both simultaneously. Even without enabling the MIDI guitar mode, this will be useful because it allows you to use separate MIDI channels to distinguish between notes that should be played legato and notes that should be allowed to play harmonically despite what your current legato ranges are set to. In other words, you could have your legato range set to an octave distance, but use different MIDI channels to essentially have separate voices.

2. Polyphonic pitch bends

This gets a little tricky, especially with the existing pitch bend note include/exclude system, but the goal is to let you bend the strings independently, which is great for MIDI guitar users or just sequencer power users who like using the MIDI guitar mode for the extra control it offers.
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples
Ultra-realistic sample libraries for Kontakt

The multi-channel legato separation issue was implemented, which is nice even for non-MIDI guitar users (you don't even have to have the MIDI guitar mode enabled--just set the instrument's MIDI input to "omni" and use different channels). However, the polyphonic pitch bend is still something on our list of future necessary improvements--definitely a tricky one, too.
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples
Ultra-realistic sample libraries for Kontakt

Well, legato trumps polyphonic pitch bend in my book. Sure it's nice to bend two strings at a time, but it's not done that often.

Return to “Orange Tree Samples”